RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxReloading Everything
Load Data Wideners
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: moonshine recipes

Boolit Man
    Any one have any stash that thay would like to send me? i pay for it LOL

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    My G-Grandfather made bonded Moonshine in GA for years. In 1874 he moved the family here to Alabama where he wasn't able to make it legally and I'm told that he never made it again, but I simpy have a problem believing that he hauled his still all the way from GA & never set it up.

Deeds he made for the property he bought have a stipulation in them that Whiskey could never be made, sold or consumed on the property, including deeds for the land he donated to build a Church & Cemetary About 2 years ago I had a phone call from a distant cousin doing some family research asking if I knew why the deeds read that way.

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a
    lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting
    the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rick N Bama View Post
    My G-Grandfather made bonded Moonshine in GA for years. In 1874 he moved the family here to Alabama where he wasn't able to make it legally and I'm told that he never made it again, but I simpy have a problem believing that he hauled his still all the way from GA & never set it up.

Deeds he made for the property he bought have a stipulation in them that Whiskey could never be made, sold or consumed on the property, including deeds for the land he donated to build a Church & Cemetary About 2 years ago I had a phone call from a distant cousin doing some family research asking if I knew why the deeds read that way.

Rick
    When I bought my house there was an old stipulation on the deed. The lawyer said that at one time stipulations against distilling were popular. The temperance movement was powerful enough to get anti-alcohol propaganda in schools, so I suppose it was a short step to get people to restrict property use.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Boolit Master

Back in the late '60's when we moved back to Tennessee from Michigan, the "authorities" found a still and instead of destroying it, they brought it to town and displayed it on the courthouse lawn. Sometime during the night, some individuals stole it and possibly put it back into operation. I never heard if they were caught.

From its appearance, I can't see how anyone could drink anything made in that apparatus.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldo View Post
    When I bought my house there was an old stipulation on the deed. The lawyer said that at one time stipulations against distilling were popular. The temperance movement was powerful enough to get anti-alcohol propaganda in schools, so I suppose it was a short step to get people to restrict property use.
    Do you know the year the stipulation was made? I thought the temperance movement started in the early 1900's.

I just wish I knew more about what happened to my G-Grandpa's Still. In addition to his farming he, then later my Grandfather, made Sorgum Syrup for a part of their living.

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a
    lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting
    the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Banned

The gov is only interested in tax money and you would need to jump through a million hoops to be legal. It has nothing at all to do with the booze, only money.
    Other countries let you make anything you want and making booze is common all over the world.
    If you cheat the gov out of $2, it is 10 years.
    WV has a "sin tax" and I go to MD or VA to buy booze. Go to DC and booze is dirt cheap.
    WV rapes us with gas taxes too.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    The gov is only interested in tax money and you would need to jump through a million hoops to be legal. It has nothing at all to do with the booze, only money.
    Other countries let you make anything you want and making booze is common all over the world.
    If you cheat the gov out of $2, it is 10 years.
    WV has a "sin tax" and I go to MD or VA to buy booze. Go to DC and booze is dirt cheap.
    WV rapes us with gas taxes too.
    That's because WV is the second poorest state in the union.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    True. I am not from WV, had to move long ago. The problem has been democrat, liberal progressives have been in control forever. They keep getting voted in. You would not believe some of my neighbors, they are stoned cold brain dead.
    We have many republicans here in the eastern panhandle that escaped the DC and VA area but we are never enough.
    It is hard when you see someone on food stamps with $300 worth of groceries in the check out line.
    Go to emergency and you might bleed to death while the free care is taken care off.
    This is a give me state.
    The reason the fiscal state of the state has been good is from the taxes charged. I am retired on SS and a low pension yet have to pay every year. Real estate for my home has gone from $235 to many thousands. Then a food tax.
    We have Charles Town races and slots here but all the money goes to Charleston.
    We have good people and hard workers but we are out numbered.

Boolit Man
    I hate going to the store to buy food here in VT or NH.Every time im in the store i see alot of people with 2 or 3 carts full of junk food and 3 or 4 kids running around.I can spend $100 and that will go me for along time but i have to go out and make that money to its not given to me for free

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234