MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Anybody know of Green Bay Bullets???

Boolit Mold

Anybody know of Green Bay Bullets???

I just won these on GB for a good price, anyone have any experience with this manufacturer and/or these bullets? Figured I'd give 'em a try in the 45 cal. T/C Hawken I have coming my way.

Them is some OLD ones! last of any green bay bullets i found was 20 years ago and they were being sold out cause the gun shop i got them at said green bay bullets went out of business.
    Moderating is a responsibility not a privilege, abuse your power and you lose, no matter how powerful you may think you are.

Boolit Master

I haven't bought any Green Bay Bullets in years but I still have about 400 of them in .43 Spanish (.439") and they shoot well for me. I bought a bunch of them at one time back in the late 80's and they came from Green Bay themselves, not from a gunshop. I have no idea if they are still in business though. James

Boolit Mold
    Thanks fellas, I intend to shoot mainly PRBs in the gun I have coming. I couldn't pass these up, figured that shooting some conicals was worth a try. The gentleman also had some that were marked .44 cal/250 gr. if anyone is interested.

Boolit Master

I don't know whether it is the same company but there is a company listed as:
    Green Bay Bullets
    1219 Velp Ave
    Gree Bay, Wisc.
    920-490-8986
    Might want to give them a call and see what they have to say. James

I'm running through there early next week headed for the Michigan border. Might be worth the while dropping by.

I just got done loading a 100 .38 special double ended wadcutters and have about400 more. I got a slew of them from a guy selling a bunch of his Fathers old loading stuff. The boxes look very old.

Boolit Master
    The nose on those looks a little like the Lyman design- but it's kind of hard to be certain from the photo. Both the Lee and Lyman designs are similar. Lee makes 45 minie molds in both .450 and .454 OS. Lyman did make a mold for .454 minies. You should check the diameter to see if they will work in a .450 bore. If they are .445-.450 they should fit fine. If they'll fit- lube and try about 40-50 gr black powder to start.

And looking at an older Lyman book I see a Lyman mold # 445599. If the Green Bay packaging #599 is coded to the mold # you should be good to go as those should be .445 diameter. I think those had a slightly thicker skirt so can be loaded a little heavier but I'd still start between 40-50 gr black powder and work up to see what accuracy does.
    Last edited by fouronesix; 05-05-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    Trust but verify the honeyguide

Boolit Mold
    My father in law started Green Bay Bullets in the late 1950's and after he passed away in 1979 the business went through several different owners until they went out of business in the early 1990's. We used to produce many different bullets and I still have one of our old bullet display boards in the basement.

Boolit Master

Not Impressed with TC Maxi-balls. For most deer they have not expanded. Maybe for 45/36/32 they will help (not IMHO) point of impact matters most.

I have a 40 Maxi design from the net but never had a mold made.

Seriously RB works as they have for centuries.

Boolit Bub
    [QUOTE=BE Wild Willy;1545619]I just won these on GB for a good price, anyone have any experience with this manufacturer and/or these bullets? Figured I'd give 'em a try in the 45 cal. T/C Hawken I have coming my way.

[ Bought 500 .41 mag lswc off gb,they look good but hav'nt shot them yet

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by jjdenis View Post
    My father in law started Green Bay Bullets in the late 1950's and after he passed away in 1979 the business went through several different owners until they went out of business in the early 1990's. We used to produce many different bullets and I still have one of our old bullet display boards in the basement.
    I would be interested in seeing a picture of the bullet board.
    NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM