Load DataSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: H&R Customer Service?? How are they?

Boolit Bub

H&R Customer Service?? How are they?

I have a single shot so I guess this is the place to ask this...How has people's experience been with the customer service at H&R? I have a 357 Mag Rifle I am going to have fitted for a new rifle barrel. Before I do I need to have the firing pin replaced. My wondering is should I have it fixed before sending the rifle in or should I have them repair this? Also curious how their customer service is in general.

Boolit Master
    I have heard that they are great but I do not have any direct experience with them other than they do answer questions. They also appreciate it when you tell them that you love your rifle.

Hard to break an H&R. They are definitely "working rifles" and not safe queens.

I called Customer Service the other day and was pleased with the help I received.

As for the firing pin, it is restricted to qualified gunsmiths only. So, you might as well have them replace the firing pin when you send the rifle in for a new barrel.

Call them at 866-776-9292
    For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security. - Thomas Jefferson

Dick Kahrs

NRA Benefactor

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by car16 View Post
    I have a single shot so I guess this is the place to ask this...How has people's experience been with the customer service at H&R? I have a 357 Mag Rifle I am going to have fitted for a new rifle barrel. Before I do I need to have the firing pin replaced. My wondering is should I have it fixed before sending the rifle in or should I have them repair this? Also curious how their customer service is in general.
    I have 4 H&R receivers and I have sent em all back for additional barrels ,I have had real good luck with em. They will also do a trigger job for you at no cost if you request it in your work order...
    Be advised, they will no longer fit any barrel to any rifle frame. Your frame must be manufactured after a certain date... So you should confirm that your receiver will be fitted with the barrel of your choice before you send it.
    If you haven't already, please check out the forum at Grey Beard Outdoors, more NEF info there then you can shake a stick at..."PJ"

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php?board=126.0
    U.S. Army Veteran, RVN 69-70, D trp.(AIR) 3/4 Cav, 25th Inf. Div. CUCHI, Helicopter Crew Chief
    Call Sign CENTAUR