RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
Lee PrecisionPBcastcoReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Powder measure reservoir tube stock?

Boolit Buddy

Powder measure reservoir tube stock?

Did a member here sell lexan (?) tube that matched Reddings reservoir diameter (2.125") for custom sized reservoirs.......was I dreaming or what?
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you." Joe Heller

Boolit Master

This is what I did: http://www.sinclairintl.com/reloadin...prod32959.aspx

Sinclair offers nicely finished aluminum adapters for the various powder measures, that fit in place of the powder hopper and are threaded to accept Nalgene bottles. They offer bottles with and without soft plastic bottom plugs. If working from an 8 pound jug, a working supply of powder can be stored in the bottle, which is easily fitted to the powder measure body.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    I upgraded my Hornady powder measure reservoirs to "thick walled Pyrex glass". Works perfectly unless you try to bounce one off the concrete floor...
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nueces View Post
    This is what I did: http://www.sinclairintl.com/reloadin...prod32959.aspx

Sinclair offers nicely finished aluminum adapters for the various powder measures, that fit in place of the powder hopper and are threaded to accept Nalgene bottles. They offer bottles with and without soft plastic bottom plugs. If working from an 8 pound jug, a working supply of powder can be stored in the bottle, which is easily fitted to the powder measure body.
    I used to "study" the Sinclair catalog regularly. I guess I just bypassed this section? Sounds like a super idea, thanks!

Boolit Master

Quick-Measure buys them from somewhere in 2-foot lengths, and will cut them to any size you want.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0759.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	121688
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rohrer View Post
    Quick-Measure buys them from somewhere in 2-foot lengths, and will cut them to any size you want.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0759.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	121688
    Thanks Kevin. One of the members here sells it also. We are messaging right now. Walt

Boolit Master
    Well who is the member. It would be good for everyone to know
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by troyboy View Post
    Well who is the member. It would be good for everyone to know
    As it turns out the tube is actually being machined down to fit in the measure! I'll have to come up with a cap to fit the oversize reservoir.