Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: Probably the best thing since sliced bread!

Boolit Buddy

Probably the best thing since sliced bread!

There's a company who was looking for a super water barrier to prevent steel corrosion. There are a couple alternate uses that they've found for it.

http://www.neverwet.com/product-characteristics.php

Watch the video and be amazed. My jaw dropped. Hopefully the cost will be low when they release it for sale to the public. Not sure how long it lasts or what is used for cleanup for overspray, but I'm sure they mention it somewhere.

All I can say about this product is when it comes out, I will be coating everything in the garage that is steel with this!

Andy
    Check out my vendors section:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?231-Andy-s-Slow-Rust-Blue

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
    H.L. Mencken

In Remebrance

Not to be a wet blanket, pun intended, but I've never, ever seen an advertisement that showed a miracle product NOT working.

Boolit Buddy
    Yeah, well I've got to try it and I'll post the results for the forum's benefit.

I'm already thinking something like rainX on steroids for my car. All my reloading equipment, my boots, jacket, and at least 2 hunting rifles for starters.

Andy.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
    H.L. Mencken

Boolit Grand Master
    I would want oil to adhere to the steel surfaces of my guns. Especially the places where two or more parts move against one another. Maybe I'm not thinkin' this through, but seems to me, no oil, no friction reduction.

Boolit Master
    If this product works as advertised it seems it would make an excellent way to prevent ice dams in winter.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Banned
    Look into FLuidfilm.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I would want oil to adhere to the steel surfaces of my guns. Especially the places where two or more parts move against one another. Maybe I'm not thinkin' this through, but seems to me, no oil, no friction reduction.
    Yeah, I was thinking more putting on the exterior of the gun, rather than the internals.

H.L. Mencken

Boolit Man
    If you look around their site you can find where it says "NeverWet products are NOT available for Consumers as a Retail product at this time. We expect to have retail spray can products available by mid 2012." So looks like we'll be waiting a while for it. I'm curious about it to be honest. If is works half as well as what it does in those videos then it would be very useful.

It'll probably be cost prohibitive. I would sure be interested in it if it is affordable.
    This country has gone to hell but now there is hope for us.