WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interest in a Ballisti-Cast group by?

Boolit Master
    What Bowfin said, plus one!

Rich

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnow View Post
    I would be interested in a 4 cavity H&G 68, and a set of handles.
    I'd be interested in this one also except 4 cavity takes hours to cast. Maybe 6 cavity would be better.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by mstarling View Post
    I might suggest something like the H&G 68 ... the standard for 45 Auto shooters. I missed that one the first time around and would raid the piggy bank for a 4 cavity mold at a good price.

Honestly, the H&G 6 bangers and larger are so heavy that one needs to build support facilities for them.
    I'd got for a 4 cavity version of the Ballisti-Cast 668 mold. I have the 2 cavity version and its a great mold. Besides, I'd rather an American company providing American jobs get my money.

I think I underestimated the interest in a #68 group buy. We have one active for a H&G #34 offered in plain base and bevel base. If people were interested we could do the same thing for the #68 with options being 2-6 cavities and either plain or bevel base. Production would be in May as long as 15 molds were bought through the group buy. If a lot of people are going to want hollow points or gas checks we'd have to wait until July as we won't be set up to offer those options until then.

Any idea on what the price for a four cavity mould will be?
    Tony

$80 for a 2 cavity
    $120 for a 4 cavity
    $200 for a 6 cavity
    $5 off all those price if we hit a volume of 25 molds for the group buy

Boolit Mold
    I would take a 4 cavity #68 flat base.

I am in for a H&G 68(668) 4 cavity flat base and a set of handles.

How close are we to getting this done?
    Μολὼν λαβέ!

Do we have enough folks committed that we can to move to the "Active Group Buy's" Page?

I would be interested in a 4 cavity (668) flat base
    "(The Constitution preserves) the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." -James Madison

Here's the thread for it: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...84#post1618584
    It's for group buy pricing on any mold in our catalog not only the #68.
    Last edited by ballisti-cast; 03-03-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Boolit Mold
    I would take one 668 4 cav with handles when the minimum order total is met.

Boolit Bub
    Hi ballisti-cast, Many Thanks for doing this Group Buy. From what I've learn from this site; the H & G #68 200 gr LSWC should be my first/main 45 acp cast lead bullet for the 1911 45 acp.

I can learn to play a little with the weight and and loading (powder). What do you think about the H & G #68S?

My second choice would be a heavier bullet; Lyman #452423 Keith 240 gr / 45 acp BD type round. Probably the 45 BD w/hollow point, if that's possible.

If these two are really sweet rounds in the 1911 45 acp I will have quite a nice range of 1911 45 acp rds. covered.

I will be apart of this GB with a H & G #68 (68S), probably a four bullet mould with handles. I would like suggestions regarding the heavier 230-255 gr SWC, Truncated cone, Keith-type bullet.

A wise, intelligent young man suggested I could buy rounds that I might not use much; like the Buffalo Bore 255 gr 45 acp and I always can get FMC 230 gr rds.

The 68S (231 gr. for Plain Base and 239 gr. for BB) is a heavier version of the #68 (200 gr.). Other then that they are identical designs. If your going for a Keith type bullet, #501 is an authentic Keith design and to my knowledge was actually designed for H&G by Mr. Keith. You can't go wrong going with either of those two bullets.

Boolit Bub
    Hi ballisti-cast, the H & G #501 is a 260 gr Keith. How about the lighter H & G #502 @ 240 gr, it may also be a Keith design.

What ever I buy from you will only be shot through a 4" or 5" 1911 45 acp. I'm looking for the very best accuracy from a 100% functioning 45 acp rd, just do not want a round nose (I can buy 45 acp 230 gr FM).

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by FireFly; 03-08-2012 at 11:43 AM.

I have a notebook with hand sketches and notes from H&G. It says this about the #501:

"David Briggs 10/81 - Says too long for short cylinders in S&W Anniversary Model 25-2. S&W Model 25-5 OK. Needs .020" shorter to work OK. Trying #502 instead."

So if you have a S&W Anniversary Model 25-2, go with #502, otherwise I would stick with #501. There is only a sketch and weight for #502, no notes.

Boolit Buddy
    Is it possible to get the sprue plates without the trough, and with regular countersunk holes instead?

Boolit Master
    I was looking at #634, the pb 230 grain 45 caliber. Can you tell me what the length is on that bullet?
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Quote Originally Posted by Humbo View Post
    Is it possible to get the sprue plates without the trough, and with regular countersunk holes instead?
    Am wondering why? Could you expand on this please?

Quote Originally Posted by Humbo View Post
    It's actually easier to make them that way. It's one less operation on the mill. I'm curious to as why you'd want them like that too. I've already got a bunch of sprue plates made though and don't have the time to set up to make them again. When I run some more, I will definitely keep it in mind and make a good number of them without the trough.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast