Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have the small Lee "C" frame press?

Banned

Anyone have the small Lee "C" frame press?

I was wondering if anyone has this LEE press and can tell me the dimensions, far as overall height when in the closed position as shown, and the width/depth.

Trying to get an idea of how much space it will take up when stored.

Thanks...
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 08-20-2007 at 10:14 AM.

Boolit Master
    Pat... the way I measure mine it is 6 inch front of handle to back screw hole.It is 11 inch from bottom of ram to top of press.Width is about 2 inch....Terry

Banned

Beautiful. Thanks Terry.

Pat, it's a great little unit, considering. I have a pair of them (one mounted on the bench, one spare) and use for priming (Lee AP2) and boolit sizing with push-through sizers. Not to compare with my RCBS's that I use for loading, but a fine auxiliary unit for the small jobs. You can get one free with a Lee Manual, too, which is how I got my spare.
    Born OK the first time.

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

I mounted mine beside my RCBS and use it for sizing/decapping. I got tired of having to un-mount it to empty the dead primers so I drilled a hole under it and plugged the hole with a bolt from beneath. All I do now is take out the bolt and out falls the dead primers.

Banned

Do you ever work up loads at the range? I'm wondering how many guys do, or are able to?

I do, but I don't have anyone around to bother me.

Banned

Boolit Master
    I had one but broke it. Seems the case lube I was using had gone bad, got frozen and after that it was no good, explains why it was so damn hard to size some 06 cases. That was many year ago. After that I got a Lee Challenger press and that is the one I use to work up load at the range. Got it mounted to a double thickness of 3/4" plywood and I c clamp that to the bench, works good.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

I did the same thing as Junior, except I screwed a jar lid with a hole in it to the underside of my bench. I screw a jar onto it and catch all the primers in an old peanut butter jar. I just unscrew the jar and empty it when it fills up. I onle use the Lee for decapping and sometimes I use the ram prime on it. It works perfect for that. I rock chucker is a little harder to use fir decapping because of the "O" design, and the primer cup only catches about 2 outta 3.
    I only hope that someday I can be half the Man that my Dogs already think I am!

At $29 bucks apiece, I was thinking of getting two of them. I already have the little hand press I do the decapping and sizing with. Two of those presses would each take the last 2 dies for the finishing and seating/crimping operations and I wouldn't have to remove the dies each time. Two of those would be cheaper than a turrent press. I had a turrent press many years ago and it was junk. The head would slightly wobble and it would peel metal down one side of the case and leave a metal lip of this peeled metal on the outside case that made the bullets not want to chamber. If I tightedned the nut to remove the wobble, you couldn't turn the turret to the next die in series. I'm glad to hear positive things about this little LEE C press.
    Ohio Rusty

Boolit Bub
    GREAT IDEA Sundog!!!

It is a decent backup press. Lee's manual is well written and has lots of loads, so a free press is a great bonus. I use mine for decapping (even better with Sundog's tip!), push trough sizing, and most often to hod the Lee Autoprime 2.

I have a friend who used it as his only press for years, until he bought a Dillon progressive. He still uses the Lee for most rifle loads.

Boolit Master
    Sundawg, shucks. I thought I had an original idea. But, it sure works good don't it?

I did "crazy glue" verticle 1/8" x 1/8" x 2" strips of rubber to each side of the press body slot to better fill the gap to the ram. That way it catches 100% of the spent caps instead of only 95%! FAR better than the poor cap-catcher on my RC2!

It takes me a few months to fill up that Skippy jar.
    My wife dumped out the jar half full once. I was mad. I strive to fill that jar! I think im kinda' strange!

In Remebrance

I wanted to pickup a couple of the little C presses. One to use with a decapping die and one for the Lee Ram Prime.

Tpr. Bret,
    That's exactly what I use mine for. They're perfect for those applications, and you really can't beat the price. I have one mounted on a piece of plywood that I leave at my camp. I C-clamp it to my table there and uses it as my portable setup.

Quote Originally Posted by versifier View Post
    Pat, it's a great little unit, considering. I have a pair of them (one mounted on the bench, one spare) and use for priming (Lee AP2) and boolit sizing with push-through sizers. Not to compare with my RCBS's that I use for loading, but a fine auxiliary unit for the small jobs. You can get one free with a Lee Manual, too, which is how I got my spare.

Could you tell me where this press with a manual is being sold?

I have been looking around but have not seen this deal anywhere....

Thanks JR
    Member Migigan Gun Owners www.MiGunowners.org
    NRA member NRA R/O
    IDPA member
    IDPA Safety Officer
    Member Linden Sportsmens Club Linden,MI
    Member Detroit Sportsmans Congress Utica,MI

Boolit Buddy

Redbear705

Midwayusa has it listed as Lee reloader pack. 480-380 is the product number.

Boolit Master
    And if you're willing to be patient and wait, Midway WILL have it on sale once, twice within a year........Lee

Uhh never mind, it's on sale for March #807734 and on sale for $19.99 the Lee single stage loading press. I've also got one set up exclusively for depriming. Can't beat it.
    Also this month at Midway is the Lee auto-pro-loader kit for $30.00 (# 348753)and is worth looking into if you don't have one and wish to speed up your reloading. I just got a 2nd one of those to assist my own reloading. Decent product for the price, I've been pleased with mine. YMMV.............Lee

Moderator Emeritus
    I have one I got years ago and I didn't like the ammo it produced and the clunky effort it took even for pistol rounds.

However like versifiers it now carries a Lee auto prime unit, its low leverage means that it works exceptionally well at the priming task with some decent feel.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Man
    I have two of them and so does my shooting buddy. We take them to the range every chance we get. I enjoy loading on the range. You should see the looks we get from other shooters when we bring all our reloading gear to the range and do load development. Yes we have reloading gear designated for the rifle range. I hate making rounds up in advance and pulling bullets after.

These little presses are worth their weigt in gold. I also have a Lee Hand Press. Works great in a pinch at the range.

7-30 Waters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast