Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: What is your favorite cast boolet load for .357Mag & 35rem?

Boolit Master

Question What is your favorite cast boolet load for .357Mag & 35rem?

What is your favorite loads for these cartridges?

I have lots of luck with 6.0 grains of Unique, & a 160 grain round Nose cast and sized to .358".

Just a note, I shoot only rifles in these calibers.
    Mainly because of the B.S. Laws on this side of the border. If I could hunt with them, I would have MANY,......................DARN IT!

Boolit Grand Master

My favorite cast pistol bullet loads for the 35 Rem are the Lee 356-120-TC or the 358477 SWC over 5 gr Bullseye. Velocity is 1150 fps out of my 26" barrel. That 120 gr bullet is a very accurate load and I shoot a lot of them.

I shoot the RCBS 35-200-FN exclusively as my "heavy" bullet and for hunting. I've not found another .35 cast bullet that does as well in the 35 Rem. I load it over 4895 for 2150 fps. I cast my practice bullets of WW+2% tin and WQ them. I size them "as cast" in a .360 H die,and lube with Javelina. GCs are Hornady or my own made of brass. I can shoot these all day long with no leading and exceptional accuracy. For hunting I use WW+2%tin/lead at 50/50. Size and lube the same. I clean the barrel every 10 rounds with these to maintain exceptional accuracy.

Larry Gibson

In my Ruger .357 with a 158gr RN either 6gr of Unique for a nice mild load or 10gr of Blue Dot for a load with a little more steam.

Boolit Master

I use the noecopy of the ranchdog 190 ggr boolit in both 357 mag and 35 rem. 12.5 gr h110 in the 357 and 36 gr of 3031 in the 35 rem. Both very accurate and plenty potent.

Boolit Grand Master

I load my 357 with a 200 grain RN GG boolit a Lyman 358430, just like my daddy taught me. He developed the load for shooting inertial targets in AZ. He said that was the only way he could use a 357 to knock down the steel as consistently as a 45ACP w/230 grain boolits. He used IMR4227 and federal primers. I still use this combo today as my go-to, do-it-all load for 357mag. Very accurate and quite effective at doing whatever I want a projectile to do. My best load with this cartridge gave me 4" groups at 75 yards. You can imagine my friends surprise when I could hit a bowling pin at 65 yards with my S&W 19-2, more consistently than he could with his mini-14 rifle.
    I have not loaded for the 35 remington yet, but I do have a 358winchester which is only slightly bigger medicine than the 35remington. Like Larry Gibson, I have found that the RCBS 35-200-FN is the go-to boolit for this rifle. I am also going to try this boolit in the 357mag as I have heard many many good reports of people loading the 357 with this rifle boolit.
    In fact, it seems that the RCBS 35-200-FN might be the first cast boolit that I have found, that you might apply a general statement to, like: "for 35 caliber firearms, this one always works".
    I am so impressed with it, that I ordered a custom mold from Accurate Molds that is the 35-200-FN with a slightly larger flat nose, and a slightly longer bore riding section, but I have yet to try it out.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Master

My favorite is 11 or 12 grains 2400 with the Ballisti-Cast #651 ( H&G 51 Clone )

I also like 7 to 8 grains Herco with the same bullet.

(.357 Mag)

I have never owned a .35 Rem.

First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Boolit Master
    My favorite 35 rem boolit is the Ranchdog. I don't have a 357 but would guess it would work just fine for a heavy 357 load. I've had the best results with the Ranchdog suggested load of H4227 in a Marlin 336.

Boolit Master
    For .357 Rifle I like 38 cases, 105 swc and 3 grains of bullseye.