WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: Finally! Lee slug loads from BPI

Boolit Buddy

Finally! Lee slug loads from BPI

Been waiting a long time for BPI to publish some pressure tested loads for Lee slugs. Well, the long wait is over: http://www.ballisticproducts.com/loadoftheweek.htm
    This link may need to be updated once this moves into their archives, but it will be around for a while.

Boolit Master

he doesn't suggest a hard card under the slug. every load that i have used without an 1/8" cards, the base of the wad cup is forced up into the cavity, hurting accuracy. 2 card is better.

Boolit Bub
    thats just pressure data... shows nothing about how accurate the load is going to be.

I think you're dead on with the card under the slug... its gotta be there or you will wreck the base of the wad with the key drive voids. That means a taller shot column... so you need a shorter wad!

I've posted this a few times... this is whats working for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXA1WWbwmIM

Just received 2k worth of these components today from BPI... and cast up bout 1500 slugs. 8 pounds of herco ready to use up!

Boolit Master
    Thats great !

But BPI always wants to use components that are slightly more difficult to obtain .

IMHO it would have been more beneficial if they had used WIN AA and REM STS hulls .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Buddy
    No doubt they're trying to sell some of the Euro wads that they stock. But still, these are some very useful loads, much better than the full-power loads that Lee lists with their instructions (which also use a lot of obsolete components, like Activ hulls.) It's nice to see some pressure testing of slug loads based on the fast-burning powders at moderate velocities. The thing that surprised me was the relatively modest pressures on some of these loads. 21.9 gns of Red Dot only got pressure up to 10,600 psi with a 1 oz slug.
    Last edited by FullTang; 04-19-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Boolit Man
    the link didn't work for me . It sent me to a Duck load. tried the archives but no luck with the Lee slug load. im really interested if I could find the info

Boolit Buddy
    The way BPI designed their web site, that URL rotates and has whatever their latest load of the week is (thought they only do one every month or so.) You probably have the old LOTW cached in your browser. You can either clear your browser cache, or just go to the link and hit the refresh button, or go to the BPI home page and follow their link to the load of the week. These slug loads will eventually go into the archives, and I think they will just stay at the same URL forever after.