Load DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: Anyone used Reloader 15 in the .35 Remington?

Boolit Buddy

Question Anyone used Reloader 15 in the .35 Remington?

I haven't found any data using this powder in the .35, but it seems like it should be a pretty good fit. Right now I'm working on a coyote load using 158 gr 358156 cast of WW. So far all I've experimented with is 2400 and have some pretty good results in the 1700-1800 fps range but I'd like to get up around 2000 or a bit more.

I was thinking of taking .30-30 150 gr lead data as a starting point. Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by JayinAZ View Post
    I haven't found any data using this powder in the .35, but it seems like it should be a pretty good fit. Right now I'm working on a coyote load using 158 gr 358156 cast of WW. So far all I've experimented with is 2400 and have some pretty good results in the 1700-1800 fps range but I'd like to get up around 2000 or a bit more.

I was thinking of taking .30-30 150 gr lead data as a starting point. Opinions?
    I would like to see some comments on this also.
    You boys gonna draw them pistols or whistle Dixie

NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent fishing."
    ------Babylonian Proverb

Boolit Grand Master

I've had better luck with powders a fair bit faster than RL15. RL7 and 4198 seem to be closer to the right speed. RL15 seems to be more at home in a cartridge like the 30-06.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

I'll go along with TXGN, a tad faster is better. I tried some of Jeff Barlett's 4895, you know the stuff that's supposed to be like 4064, a caseful didn't get up enough pressure for it to burn completely. 2015, 3031, that's a good range.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Grand Master

I agree with the general concensus, RE 15 is a little slow for this cartridge especially with such a light boolit. Use RE7, 3031 or even SR4759 and I think you'll get better results.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks guys. I think I'll try SR-4759 with the SWCs, as it should also be a good fit for the .38-40 I just put on layawake.