MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: Anyone have a Boyd's Stock

Anyone have a Boyd's Stock

I am looking for a new stock for my Ruger M77 Tang Safety. When I bought the gun, it had a cheap Ramline synthetic and the factory wood stock. I can't stand the Ramline and the factory wood isn't in the best shape. Since I have a tang safety model, my options are somewhat limited. As much as I love the gun I do not want to drop a ton of money on a new stock. The Boyd's laminate stock seems to fit the bill. How is their quality (I'm always leery of low prices)? If I bought it, I'd probably immediately do a glass and pillar bedding job. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Branden

I forgot to mention....if you have any other suggestions for stocks, please let me know!

Boolit Buddy
    I just got one for my dad for Christmas. It was the 10/22 Rimfire Ross thumbhole. I was very impressed with the $99 price tag. They do very nice work. I am going to get the 10/22 tacticool stock from them for my 10/22 once they are back in stock.

Matt

In Remembrance

After I got the Prarrie hunter stock for my Mosin, I was very impressed with the drop in fit and close inletting so that none was required. So I ordered a walnut unfinished stock with a miltary barrel channel already cut for my K-98 large ring. Again another super well done stock for $69! So I ordered their limited run of walnut stocks finished with a Pachmyer recoil pad, sling swivels and beautifuly lazer cut checkering for $159 for my Weatherby Vanguard! Am I satisfied with the stocks and workmanship - you bet I am.Robert

I've installed a couple of Boyd's stocks in different rifles, including a Mk II M77. It was pretty much "drop in" and I was impressed by the quality. They really do a nice job, and I like the laminate over the "made by Mattel" plastic stocks Ruger uses. The gun shoots in the 1/2" range with handloads.
    Life's too short to shoot an ugly gun.

Boolit Master

Thumbs up

I bought a Ross RVT 2nd from them for my Savage 17HMR,$49.00.Glad to get rid of the flimsy plastic!! I couldn't tell it was a second,if it had any blemishes it was beyond my eyesight! Its now a sub MOA varmint blaster!! Strong and sturdy,buy a 2nd if you can find one, and save the $$$$ for boolits!!
    Last edited by GT27; 01-01-2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: addy pic
    You can't buy common sense,and stupidity can't be fixed!

Boolit Master
    I have bought a few. They are really nice stocks for the money and would suggest them if someone was looking for a laminated replacement. They have sales every once in a while that are worth the wait if you are wanting a replacement instead of needing one.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Boolit Master
    I installed one on a 98 mauser action with a .458 win mag bbl. I found this rifle well worth the money but had a ramline stock on it that came apart to pieces in under 50 rounds. The laminet boyds has held up well with just under 100 rounds down the pipe. So far very impressed for the money.

Ebner

Nice fit and finish for the price but the recoil pads are on the stiff side.

Banned

Im also considering one for my 300wby vanguard. Ive seen mixed reviews. Seems many get out with the barrel channel cut wrong and leave a bigger gap on one side then the other. Its got me a bit nervous myself so ill be watching this thread.

Boolit Master

I put a JRS laminated stock on a Turk 98 action with a 6.5x55 swedish barrel. The rifle was almost a drop in fit,only needing very minor adjustment. I did take about 3 inches off the length of the forearm, and reduce the diameter of the forearm quite a bit, but I like nice trim rifles and not the clunker type that the factories likes so well and serves the bench shooters so well. I shoot off my hind legs and the less bulk in the forearm, the better. My ideal rifle is the old British express type for african hunting with very short, slim forearms. But that is just my preference. That said, I like the Boyd's gunstocks very much. They are well worth the money. By the way, that Turk action and Swedish barrel makes a great shooting rifle, especially after I glass bedded it. Everybody has their won likes and dislikes but as Popeye the Sailor said, "I am what I am". Just my opinion, James

Boolit Mold
    Hi there first post here.

yes i have a boyds stock on a mosin nagat 91/30 and i love it. i also just ordered a ross feather weight thumbhole from them should be here in a day or so. for a savage 110 i rebarreled.

i had to send back the first one i bought for the mosin and i had no problem with the CS dept. they are very friendly and helpful .