MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
WidenersSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: A deal on the Savage FV-SR

A deal on the Savage FV-SR

I have a Savage FV-SR for which I am (very impatiently) waiting for my paperwork to return so I can pick up my suppressor. Its a great little rifle, not the best stock, but overall I am very impressed. It is factory threaded 1/2x28 with a 16.5" barrel, full-length scope mount, and large bolt handle.

I noticed on my New Year's Day internet perusing (while my wife is sleeping after a night shift at the hospital and my two year old twin boys are coloring at my feet) that Bud's has this rifle on sale for $197.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...THREADED%20BBL

I noticed that for some reason the website wasn't letting me add one to my cart, but when I did a search for "Savage FVSR" it popped up and allowed me to add it to my cart that way. For that price I had to buy another, it was about $75 less than I paid for mine. Just thought I would pass on a deal. Here are a couple of pics of mine:

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Landric

Honcho for NOE .38-200 Mk. I British Round Nose Group Buy

Boolit Master
    The ones I have seen shot are definitely tack drivers and well worth the money IMO.
    I believe they offer a laminated stock for them also, but more $$.

Boolit Master
    Nice rifle. I just bought a Savage MK II BV (gray laminated stock and heavy barrel). My only regret is that they did not make it in a left-handed model. I am very pleased with it. I would be interested in hearing what type of ammunition works best for you. Wish I could afford a suppressor, but I guess you can't have everything.

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

To revive an ancient thread, here is a picture of the twins (mentioned in original post and now 11 years old) one of whom is shooting the above FV-SR, now with a Boyd's Tacticool Stock and suppressor:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bash FV_SR.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	276484

Landric

It warms my heart to see the children getting raised to be familiar with guns.
    I did it with mine and at least one of my daughters is doing it with her children.

Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    It warms my heart to see the children getting raised to be familiar with guns.
    I did it with mine and at least one of my daughters is doing it with her children.
    I have added another since I made that original post. In addition to one in college and the twins above, I also have a 3 year old. Last night the three year old was helping me handload; I would complete a cartridge, he would check it with the chamber gauge and drop it into the ammo can. He just asked if we could do it again this morning. I'm doing my best to pass the culture along. All four of mine, at least so far, like it as much as I do.

Landric