Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationWideners
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mould Lube Instructions (works with BullPlate too)

Boolit Buddy

Question in regards to a Mihec hollow point mold. What specific areas should I be lubing in the area of the hollow point section of the mold? I understand the basics of alignment pins and sprue plate areas on a standard mold, but being a newb, I don't wanna mess up this purty mold first time pouring into it.. lol

Boolit Buddy
    Once the mould is up to temp the bullets usually fall right off the pins,you may have to jiggle the mould or tap the handles for the first couple pours. I do however touch a lube dampened q tip on the sliding pins after they are hot with the mould closed.

Boolit Buddy

Thanks dmize, I pretty much did it that way, lubing the pins with the mold closed and yes.. the boolits do fall right out of the mold.. purty too!

Boolit Buddy
    The mold in the pictures looks like a Lee aluminum mold. Would these instructions apply to a MiHec brass mold as well?
    NRA Lifetime member since 1956, NRA Endowment Member. Reloading since 1954. CBA Member Navy Vietnam Veteran USS Intrepid CVA 11

Boolit Man
    Yes. I use the same technology.

Moderator Emeritus

I have unsticked this thread due to loss of link functioning and OP has not been online for over a year.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Not a bad idea after reading some are having problems getting to much lube on there molds.The key od sprue lplae lube is a not use to much oh the sprue plate or the pivot screw.for the pivot screw I use round toothpick just a very little in it and applie when the mold it hot the lube will suck right into the gap btween the mold and the plate no mater if you see it on not.I have found if you applie lube to the tope of the mold and sprue plate when the mold it at casting temp and it smokes very long you have to much.That said I still get to much every now and then being you only need a small amount.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12