RepackboxSnyders JerkyWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Modified mihec hollow base wad cutter

Boolit Master

Modified mihec hollow base wad cutter

Some of us will admit to loading various caliber hollow base wad cutter boolits backwards for some REAL hollow points. Any one else interested in having Miha contour the nose to accept a gas check? You would be able to load some hotter with a gas check and have the hollow base...or reverse the CRAEMER style pins for a solid...as the nose. I've got the 38 and 44 moulds and like them...got a co-worker bugging me to cast him up a bunch of both now that I've retired.

These wouldn't be much for long range, but they'd sure kick some *** at most reasonable pistol shooting distances.

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Having shot the factory HB wadcutters backward with very stiff charges with no leading problems, just why do you think you need a gas check? The mid grease groove is about where you would crimp it. Try the ones you have as is and SEE if you really need one or just think you do. BTW, that increased bearing surface adds greatly to bore friction and pressure levels. The load you use is probably going to be lower than you think.