Quote Originally Posted by robg View Post
Had a couple of tascos fail .got a Burris on my 308 that's lasted several 1000 rounds .have an AGS scope on my 357 win trapper for thousands of rounds over 10 years .recently put a Nikon on my 45/70 so far so good about 400 rounds so far.mind you once they're zeroed it leave them be except to vary the magnification.
I bought a tasco 4x40 -- 46 years ago for a 22 - have traded a couple of rifles from under it but kept the scope - still have it. bought a 6X Leupold for a 22/250 in 1975 (not enough power for the rifle and usage) a mate upgraded his 10 power redfield for a Pecar 8x56 - I got the redfield and traded the Leupold - my redfield has been re gassed once - not as good quality as the Leupold - the Leupold not as good as a Pecar - Pecar not as good as a kahles. The 10 x redfield I can see 22bullet holes at 100yards better than with cheap spotter cscopes with 5 times the magnification. I still rate Tasco best value for money unless they have slipped in quality in the last ten years and at the time I got my redfield I wonder if a tasco would have been inferior to it?
Friend has a Barska spotter he paid good money for ($300+) I bought one off ebay looks the same for less than half and is about as good (or bad) you pretty much do get what you pay for with optics I think (Give or take a bit)
Have never had a scope lose its zero on me or otherwise "die" during useage - but never used one under heavy recoil either.