Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Is lead from old sink traps good to use for Boolits?

Boolit Bub

Is lead from old sink traps good to use for Boolits?

My plumber friends are collecting old lead sink traps for me. I have not an idea what they are really made of. I am used to WW's and a little tin.
    Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Boolit Master

I grab all I can find of that..it is pure soft lead .
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

Boolit Master
    They should be soft lead,all these things are good to cast like they are or mixed with WW or harder stuff to stretch it further.

Boolit Master
    Soft lead AND the wiped joints should be some sort of solder. Guys at work did this for me too. Get a hardness tester and use it on each batch you smelt.

I'd recommend smelting this outside and down wind from the house. You might get lead pipe from somewhere other than the kitchen! LOL

Boolit Master

I asked My 87 year old Uncle who is a retired plumber and he said they used pure lead and did a pour and wipe and used a borax and water flux to "solder" in the old days the drains and lead sewer vent pipes... and later he used 50/50 bars of solder, and flux to join Lead vent pipes using a gasoline torch. So depending on the time frame the solder used may or may not be soft lead...He also mentioned that my Dad was good at doing Automobile body repair with Lead in the pre bondo days.
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

In Remembrance

No! No good at all. Send it to me and I will dispose of it in a responsible manner.

LOL DLCTEX

They need to be sent to my business address to be properly dealt with. My new business is to help properly dispose of LEAD and lead products. I smelt down the environmentally unsafe lead into safe ingots to be recycled at a later date into mini delivery systems. I do all this in the name of being green everyone has to do there part you know
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."