Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a new lead furnace

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cdet69 View Post
    I thinkI paid around $29.00 shipped.
    Sad...very sad,those days are gone...
    You can't buy common sense,and stupidity can't be fixed!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by WilNsc View Post
    +1 on just rebuilding yours if you like to tinker. I think I saw replacement heating coils on MidwayUSA.com and I'm sure they have the other parts like thermostats.

I would compare prices between Midway and Titan,items I have purchased from Titan have been cheaper and they don't try to hammer you with ( Roundup) and shipping!Their customer service is great too! http://www.titanreloading.com/mold-melters-accessories
    You can't buy common sense,and stupidity can't be fixed!

Boolit Mold

RCBS Pro Melt on ebay

There is a NIB Pro melt for sale on Ebay with a RCBS thermometer for current bid of 260.00, sale ends in four days.
    I have nothing to do with the ebay seller just passing the message to fellow casters.
    I have a pro melt and find it to be a great pirce of equipment.
    Regards

Boolit Master

I agree with GT27 Titan is the place to go if you need any Lee products.

Ken

Boolit Mold
    The Lee 4-20 bottom pour, and keep it about 1/2 full, temp climbs as level gets below 1/2. Screw the wooden spout handle off and screw on a 3 ounce lead fishjng sinker in it's place. The drip is caused by the lighter than lead, steel pin in the pot. The sinker over comes that problem.

Boolit Grand Master

Sad...very sad,those days are gone...
    Cheer up, it could be worse!
    Check this out!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Round-solder...item231749eb7f
    Look familiar?
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Master
    The wife drives past GRAFS to visit her sister...always has a list to pick up. Got to pay sales tax...what a rip off!

I'd buy the LEE melter I wanted and use it until it quit....go buy another one like it or slightly better...but still a LEE. Then I'd give the old one to someone who liked to tinker OR see how far I could throw it.

Had a SAECO for almost 20 years. Got a LYMAN that lasted close to that. Got a LEE MAGNUM MELTER and I'd buy another one in a heart beat...maybe even a bottom pour for pistol boolits.

Boolit Bub
    I believe Lee does have replacement parts for their furnaces. I purchased a Lee Production 10 lb pot about 20 years ago and it is still going. I melt only clean lead in it, so never had drip issues.
    About 10 years or so, I bought the 4-20, and have been very happy with it. I use different alloys in them, depending what I want to cast.
    I find Lee products, for the most part, excellent. I have been casting/reloading for over 20 years and own equipment of virtually every make.
    A buddy of mine is on his second Lyman furnace. A good product but, as you can see, parts wear away.
    I would not hesitate to get another Lee, price alone. Good luck

Boolit Master
    Pay no attention to EDK; he doesn't even have a job...

Rich

the reason I know, he's my older brother and he retired today.

Boolit Buddy

Lee 4-20

I just got a new Lee 4-20 bottom pour.... I had a 10 lb bottom pour but I gave it to my son in law to use it for sinkers...
    I have only heated one load in it so far, and I like it. A little harder to see the spout in the bigger pot compared to the old 10 lb pot, but It takes getting used to.
    I got mine from Grafs, ordered it the week before Xmas got here (Left Coast ) in 3days.
    I ordered it on line, paid with the plastic fantastic, I think it was around $65.00, plus the $4.95 flat fee and another $4.95 for ordering on line ! But I'm happy with it , so far, I also bought a new mold (lee 90-314 SWC) and a .314 lee sizer.....
    My Cupcake ingots wouldn't fit in the 10 lbs machine but they fit in the new 4-20...That makes things a little easyer. I can mix my alloys and pour em into the cup cake tins ,I have more tins than ingot molds. PJ
    U.S. Army Veteran, RVN 69-70, D trp.(AIR) 3/4 Cav, 25th Inf. Div. CUCHI, Helicopter Crew Chief
    Call Sign CENTAUR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12