RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to design a more ugly revolver!!!!

Boolit Master

Is it possible to design a more ugly revolver!!!!

Roy B
    Massachusetts

www.rvbprecision.com

Love Life
    Yes. It is called the Rino.

Boolit Master
    Ever looked at a Nagant?
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Buddy
    I think the Rino wins the ugly award.

Boolit Buddy
    Yeah the Rino is by far much uglier. Then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The Rino is the biggest leap in revolver design in a long time. And I hear they are pretty accurate.

Matt

Boolit Buddy
    The Brits can sure make an ugly revolver! Some Webleys are better than others but there ain't none of them pretty.

Boolit Master
    IMO, all that is going to do is encourage someone to carry a 22 instead of a proper caliber for personal defence. Dont get me wrong, I dont want to get shot with a 22 and a 22 deployed well is better than a slingshot, BUT.... I wonder the wisdom behind this move.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Master
    I think I'll stick with my S&W models 18 and K-22 - now there was some good lookin parents involved there, on both the smith and wesson sides.
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Buddy
    airborne,

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this post. I have read stories about some women that just are down right scared and stubborn about larger, harder to handle cartriges for self defense. It would be a last choice, but still a choice none the less. Unfortunately, a choice I don't get to make regardless of what I want to carry living in the great communist state of IL.

Matt

I saw a LCR at the gun shop today. It was ugly but not cheap! Just glanced but I think it was $435.

uhh, yep. the rhino is exceedingly unattractive.

Boolit Master
    I just don't understand Ruger. The new SP101 .22 looks nice, seems like a good way to go. But this? I don't see the use, other than practice, which I think would be better served with light loads from one in 38. They won't do a 5 shot 480 Blackhawk, but they will do this?
    Lyman 22596,225107,225353,225438,225415,225450,225646, 225462,228367,244203,245496,245497,245498,245499 RCBS 22-55-SP,22-55-FP,243-95-SP,243-100-FP, NEI 100244GC-#14, 55 224 GC-#4,225 45-#3 PB, NOE 22-055 SP,MX2-243,Saeco 221 & 243, RD TLC225-50-RF,Lee 22 Bator 6c & 2c HP. Love casting small boolits, let me know if you have one that I don't that you would part with!

Now if the Rino looked more like this:

Mateba Automatic Revolver

The Rino seems to be a Non-Auto version of a Mateba.

The Rino just needs to be offered in a a full size version with choice of 4" and 6" barrels in calibers .357,.44, and .45ACP/45AR Everyone say Mmmmmmmto the latter choice.

Without the Auto mechanism it should cost waaaay less than a Mateba.

Plus it wouldn't be quite so funky lookin', and I'd have one... Provided they don't up and Polygonal rifle the thing.

Not sure who took the pictures, but I like 'em.

The Ruger kinda grows on you after a bit.
    Last edited by Johnny_Cyclone; 12-17-2011 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Italics

Boolit Grand Master

Come on. Read the Ruger report. They have customers (who don't reload, I'm sure) that want
    to upgrade their skills when .38 Spl ammo is extemely expensive, so they want a training
    gun just like their carry gun, but with cheap ammo. If you have a LCR .38 Spl for carry, this is
    like a .22 conversion unit on a Colt, or a .22 conv in an AR-15.

Makes perfect sense to me all around.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

When does the recall start?

I have to admit when they came out I held one for a few minutes, put it down never to be interested again. But I'd like to shoot the LCR .22. If it goes bang 8 times in a row all the time every time it has a place for CCW.
    "Some times it's just better to smile an walk away."

"Think ya used enough dynamite there, Butch?"
    -Butch Cassidy & the Sun-dance Kid

The women in my family carry the LCR 38, with a ballistic shoot through purse.

No prob for them, as they are all firearm enthusiasts, shooter, hunters.

The main goal was to find a load that wasn't harsh. Easy enough.

The .22 version is likely only for the timid, in which case, they may not be ready for carry, imo. Now if they were acclimated to centerfire calibers, had no prob shooting them, and THEN they wanted the .22,,....OK.

But , if the only way someone will shoot a handgun, or entertain carrying one, is if it is the .22 .....maybe they should re-think the whole carry thing. Timid, scared, apprehensive, hesitant, talked into it, .....not someone who should be carrying. It is an accident, or a bad incident getting worse, waiting to happen. Pepper spray on keychain, Tae Kwon Do classes, or a large dog, would be better protection choices for such a person. Just my honest, informed opinion from experience.

I too live in the Pariah State Illinois. Won't stop anyone I love from protecting themselves, and those family members that live north in WI, now have their permits.

I or my family members, would rather be judged by 12 than carried by six. No Person in IL has ever gone to prison for protecting themselves. The DA might try, but a jury won't convict a righteous citizen who was genuinely protecting themselves.

Boolit Grand Master
    Boss, I did a Google search for 'ballistic shoot through purse' and couldn't find anything. Can you help me out with a link?

Thanks,
    Jim

I've gotta admit to liking the quirky LCR look. Definately unique and out of the norm of a typical good looking revolver though.
    Last edited by 357shooter; 12-17-2011 at 10:12 AM.
    Rossi M92 Lever Action
    Taurus 669
    Kel-Tec P-3AT
    http://357shooter.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast