Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: New Pacific DL-105 shotshell loader!

Boolit Master

New Pacific DL-105 shotshell loader!

Hi,
    For the few people here interested in shotshell loaders,I thought I would share a remarkable find I made today at my local gun club. A Pacific DL-105 reloader in like new condition! This has got to be from the 60-70's and it was brand new. Set it up temporary and it puts out some nice shells. Seems to favor AA hulls though. If anyone has one of these I'd be proud to hear of it!
    Last edited by seagiant; 03-03-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Banned
    Its red, its a Hornaday. Made after 1972 when Hornaday bought what was left of Pacific.
    A really nice find.
    Yesterday two pri-mail boxes arrived from a friend containing a lot of new in the box C-H stuff. Loading press, swaging press, five die sets, all the shellholders for teh press and case trimmer along with the trimmer and a core cutter.
    After Christmas the older C-H stuff I have will be on eBay. The new stuff stays in the archive collection.

It really is fun to find new/old tools.

Ken

Boolit Master

Seagiant,
    Very nice press. I have one also. A friend of mine had it in his basement...covered in dust and dirt on the floor. He gave it to me for free (he has newer presses), as he considered it to be junk. I cleaned it up and it looks like new...only needed a couple of small parts that I was able to get from Hornady (they provided them for free and shipped them for free...Kudos to Hornady).

Anyway, I'm not much of a shotgun shell reloader...I just started reloading slug loads, so the 105 will be getting used. If it works well, I'll use it. If it is so-so, I'll buy a new Mec 600 Jr.
    Jon

Boolit Master
    Thanks Pressman,
    Yea,I was blown away when I saw it for $45 as good a shape as it's in. I will take care of it but will use it! I enjoy the old tools!

Hi Jon,
    I have only used the press a little today but as you can see in the pic the shells it loaded were perfect! You cannot see it because of a cover but beside the 105 is a Spolar Gold ($1500+) that I bought when I was reloading for 3 people in my family. The little 105 makes as good a reload as the Spolar with Win.AA hulls! For some reason It did not like the Rem. green hulls,I'll work on it later and figure it out.

Yea,I was blown away when I saw it for $45 as good a shape as it's in.
    The 105 usually sells for about $25.00 on ebay and after shipping generally ends up at about what you paid. It's definitely a great deal and there are plenty of parts for them still floating around.

I to have a DL-105 in 12 ga. You can adjust it for what hull you are useing. Mine is set for the sts rem. I have it set up for 1 load for hunting and never change it. I have had no complaints with it. Enjoy and happy loading.
    As I was told when I was a child; your elders will make you smarter if you listen. Then when you are older your elders will teach you WISDOM.
    300winmag

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Well it took me about 5 minutes to figure it out. The final crimp die was a little to far down,so once I backed off of it a hair it has reloaded 4 different hulls perfectly with the same wad and primer! One thing I noticed is the green Rem. STS hulls let the primer sit a little proud of the brass,more than the Win.AA's. I don't see it as a problem just something I noticed!

I started reloading shotshells years ago and my first loader was a MEC 600Jr. It made fantastic shells and I shot trap for years with nothing else. All of that to say that the 105 is as good as the MEC as far as I can see!

Boolit Master
    Seagiant - congrats on your new machine. It looks nice. Those shells do look good. However, I don't believe that 105 will spit them out as fast as your Spolar - sweeet!

Greg: if you are planning on orphaning that Spolar you can send it to me.

I would provide a good home for it, and take care of it, and make sure it was used correctly. plus Christmas is coming in a couple of weeks?

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Hi Randy,
    Sending a PM

Boolit Master

Seagiant is that you in the pic? It's really cool.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    No, that is just a pic I ran across on the WEB. Looks like the 1930's to me. I was doing about the same thing in South Georgia in the early 60's! We hunted wood ducks though and my father did shoot a Browning A5 all his life so the picture sort of grabbed me when I saw it!

Boolit Mold
    Hey if anybody has the 16ga roll crimper for a Pacific DL 105 and would care to sell it, I'm in the market. I shoot an old 1883 Remington for dove and in CAS matches.
    I'd rather roll crimp them if I could.

JRH: go to http://www.ballisticproducts.com/

They sell roll crimpers in every size there is .

They all run in a drill press and are not part of your loading machine. From all reports they make the best roll crimps there are.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com