Inline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: Lee .452 255 gr bullet in Rossi 92

Boolit Bub

Lee .452 255 gr bullet in Rossi 92

Is anyone using a .452 255 grain Lee RNFP in an old Rossi (Interarms) 92 in .45 Colt? Any problems with feeding?

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Haven't used the rnfp, but have shot a half a jillion lee swc's thru my winchester trapper.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

My new Rossi M92 took a good sized doe today with that boolit. The load was the same as used im my Ruger Blackhawk. 14 gr. HS-6....I'm not sure of the differences between the old and new models, but those boolits feed perfectly in mine. I couln't be happier with the accuracy also. It was a quartering shot from the front without an exit wound. The deer is hanging now, so I'll recover the boolit later. It hit a rib going in and completely devastated the lungs. It was cast from straight A/C
    W/W. She was found about 50 yards away from where she was shot.

I have run a couple thousand through my puma 454 without a hitch. They feed like butter
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far"
    Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master
    Works great in my Rossi, I've put at least a thousand thru mine with nary a bobble.
    Thanx, Tim Kelley
    SFC US Army (Ret)
    NRA Life

Still have noclue!

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Boolit Master
    Works very well in mine, I'm sill trying to figure out weather to standardize my loads with that bullet or the 250RNFP. Both shoot well in the Rossi and the Winchester.

Boolit Master
    I have shot the lyman 255 RNFP in my 92 Rossi but I have problems with the lift lifting the boolit into chambering position. I found that I have to jack the lever harder to get them to work. I have no problems with the Lee 230 RN. I only shoot the Lee 230 RN for cowboy shoots ferol cats and plinking.
    Last edited by 45-70 Chevroner; 12-07-2011 at 11:30 AM.

I was mistaken eairlier saying that this boolit didn't exit. It blew right through. It did not, however, hit a rib going in. I only thought it did because of the carnage it left behind. Dang good hunting boolit !! I was thinking of switching over to my Lee 300-f's for better penetration, but no need!~

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    This is the boolit I use in my Interarms and a later Rossi 45 Colt plus all my Rugers. Does a great job on everything it hits. Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master

I have three Rossi levers. My 45 swallows everything I feed it including SWC's. The others, a 38/357 and a 44 Mag are really particular about nose shape and seating depth. The 45 I can crank the lever hard and fast, not so with the other two rifles.

Boolit Master

It's all I use in my Uberti Henry. Loads, cycles, chambers without a hiccup..... Fine accuracy too!

255 rnfp

Quote Originally Posted by avogunner View Post
    It's all I use in my Uberti Henry. Loads, cycles, chambers without a hiccup..... Fine accuracy too!
    The feeding system is different in the Henry/Winchester '66 & '73 copies. They incorporate a lifter/elevator to move cartridge in line with the chamber. The 92/Rossi/Puma utilizes a lifter/ramp that alows the cartridge to slide into the chamber at an angle.
    Listen! Do you hear it. The roar of cannons, the screams of the dying! Ahh! Music to my ears!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The feeding system is different in the Henry/Winchester '66 & '73 copies. They incorporate a lifter/elevator to move cartridge in line with the chamber. The 92/Rossi/Puma utilizes a lifter/ramp that alows the cartridge to slide into the chamber at an angle.
    I got exactly what I paid for with the Puma Rossis buying them dirt cheap as part of a going out of business sale. They are no where the quality of other brand lever actions. I rate my 38/357 and 44 as simply range toys. If I had to take one hunting or depend on it for serious self-defense it would be the 45 Colt with round nose.

Boolit Master
    I use that Lee 452-255 RNFP in my Rossi 92, Taurus Thunderbolt, and all of my .45 revolvers. It works like greased lightning through my Rossi, and is very accurate. I also use the 452-200 RNFP too, with similar results.

G

Cycles great in my 454 loaded in 454 or 45 brass. Accurate in the puma and my ruger wheel guns

I use it in my Rossi '92 and have no problems at all.
    NRA Life Member
    NAHC Life Member

And when the Persian said their arrows would "block out the sun" The Spartans said "Then we will have our battle in the shade!"

45-70 Chevroner;

I had the same problem until I seated them a fraction deeper.
    "Draw Me Not Without reason, Sheath Me Not Without HONOR".