RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't find brass for Mosin Nagant

Boolit Master
    I get brass for my 7.5x55 Swiss by buying it from Grafs (when they have it) or buying PRVI Partizan ammo. Or Wolf "Gold" ammo. All three are the same brass, all made in by PRVI Partizan. Grafs just pays them to put their stamp on the case, and Wolf buys their brass as-is. Long story short, I've done all three, it's all good brass, some has over 20 loadings and is still going.

Since they offer 7.62x54R brass also, I would not hesitate to buy brass when you can, and factory ammo when you can't.

I usually buy Prvi brass from Graf when they have it,I picked up a couple hundred Win. cases made by S & B last year before the price went sky high. Aim Surplus usually has a good supply of Prvi ammo in many calibers including the 54r at good prices.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...Box&groupid=40

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Donor8x56r View Post
    Prvi from Serbia does.Excellent brass.Not as good as Lapua but better than SB/Win i think.
    +1 for Privi brass!

After that Wolf brass is best, and least of all Winchester. YMMV

Haven't tried Lapua or Norma, too pricey.

Boolit Buddy
    We all need to email Starline so they can see how many people want this case .I have emailed them twice now but they need alot of requests before they will put up the money and time to do this. Go to there website and look along the left hand side ,there is a contact us place to email them . Arnie

Boolit Master

I bought 100 rounds of the reloadable Wolf ammo from Sportsman Guide and a NOE bullet mold for .314 200 grain cast bullets.

You have to buy this stuff when you find it, I still have the 100 rounds of corrosive ammo that came with the rifle. This stuff is going for about a buck a round that is reloadable and even a buck or more per new brass. I don't like the steel cases, not even sure if the steel cased ones are reloadable.

For the price the rifle is a fun toy, I can pick apple from near the top of the tree with the bayonet on the rifle.

If Libya will settle down and surplus their ammo, we could get some really good deal on this cartridge, but it is not going to be like the old days where I got 8mm Mauser ammo for about a penny a cartridge in bulk, that was the late 60s, berdan reloads from Greece.

Merry Christmas,

Jerry
    Honor is a Way of Life

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Boolit Master

17 million Mosin Nagant rifles (give or take) made. Many thousands in daily use here in the U.S. and Winchester or Remington won't get involved making brass. I don't get it. What kind of conditions have to exist before a manufacturer will make brass for a given cartridge?
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Buddy

I was in a Big 5 store the other day, saw Winchester Moisin ammol loaded with soft points, selling for $24.00 for a box of 20. A pretty fair price, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by mac60 View Post
    17 million Mosin Nagant rifles (give or take) made. Many thousands in daily use here in the U.S. and Winchester or Remington won't get involved making brass. I don't get it. What kind of conditions have to exist before a manufacturer will make brass for a given cartridge?
    Winchester used to make the 7.62 Russian ammo many years ago,I run across a box of it on occasions when looking through vintage ammo websites. I Imagine it was produced back when some of the American made contracts Mosins were produced and ended up back in the US. http://mosinnagant.net/ussr/us-mosin-nagants.asp

Vintage 1935 ammo.

I have about 100 of the Win./S & B 54r case and have had no issue with them,Win. LR primer fit in the cases with no issues and I only use them for cast bullet loads and neck size only after the first firing so they should last for quiet some time. Wolf Gold line of ammo is made by Prvi Partizan so your basically getting the same brass it just cost a bit more for the preloaded ammo vs. the Prvi.
    Last edited by res45; 12-28-2011 at 12:44 AM.

Boolit Man

&.62x54R Brass Available

http://www.gunstop.com/Store/Rifle%2...an/PPU-762X54R

Their phone number is 1-800-645-7644. I ordered (200) rounds of their Prvi Partizan 7.62x54R brass this morning. It would ship same day. Price is higher than Graf at $54.00 per (100) but that beats no brass.

Just checked Brassman this morning. He has Winchester cases, once fired, at $40/100 in stock.

Boolit Buddy
    Only thing i find on Brassman is 7.62x39 ,that stuff is every where.

Boolit Master

I found two empty boxes ,S&B in the trash barrel at the range but someone scarfed up the brass . It was close but no cigar!

Boolit Buddy
    I can spare 100 pcs of 54r boxer brass if someone needs it.Mostly Winchester and mostly once fired.Mike
    If I tell you a Rooster can pull a plow You better hook him up

Hey folks,

I also have 100 rounds (5 boxes) of new very good S&B 7.62X54 Russian ammo, 175 grain soft point, with Boxer primers and fully reloadable. Actually, I shot one round, so there are 99 rounds and one empty brass case.

If interested, please contact me via E-Mail (davidwile@juno.com) or by home phone any time day or evening (717-458-8523). I live in Mechanicsburg, PA, and would welcome local pickup if preferred. Again, please use E-Mail if possible rather than PMs - better yet, give me a call.

Best wishes,
    Dave Wile

Boolit Man
    just sent email to starline maybe we just need to pester them a little
    i like starline brass anyway
    be nice to get new brass for 25-30 a hundred even 35 would be ok

seems like the best way is to buy priv loaded ammo and get once fired

my new years resolution is to have a more positve outlook but that doesn't mean i cann't expect the @%&#*%@ worst