Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using Unique in .44 special

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by kidmma View Post
    7.5 grs of Unique out of my Blackhawk with a 250 gr Keith is a handful. Not magnum level but you notice it. And that 250 casts at 268 gr for me so it's considerably heavier than the nominal designation. The gun and an individual's tolerance may make the decision on what to use.
    My ruger loves the load...new model 44 special flattop....but I dont shoot it in my Taylor and co 44 special

Boolit Master
    Hi...

I have shot the Skeeter load in all of my .44Specials for quite a few years with no ill effects. however, I will agree that while it is fine in a Ruger BlackHawk it may be a bit too powerful for some lighter built handguns.
    I have shot thousands of this load through my Lipsey's flat top but am beginning to think it may be just a bit much for my Taurus 5-shot revolver. The Taurus has already digested many hundreds(if not thousands) of this load, but it may well be time to ratchet that load down a bit to save some wear and tear on the J-frame-sized Taurus. I have also recently acquired a Cimarron SAA-clone in .44Special with another on order and believe it may be wise to consider limiting the use of Skeeter's load in these revolvers as well.

I have several .44Magnum revolvers that I can shoot heavy loads through with no concerns although I never use .44Special brass in my .44Magnums.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12