Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: 1903a3 Sporter fantastic results

Boolit Grand Master

1903a3 Sporter fantastic results

I took the Smith Corona 1903a3 sporter to the range last week. First trip after cleaning up the stock and cold bluing the metal. To say I am happy with the results would be an understatment!

I fired some loads with 311041, 170gr flatnose, Unique powder, WLR primer at 100 yards. The 14 grain load did the best. I will see if I can get a picture of the target to load.

I'm going to load up some more of these to confirm the load and hope I get another day like the one I shot this target on, almost no wind.

This gun was a junker that the guy was thinking about just throwing it away.
    The scope is an old Weaver 10X with 2 horizonal crosshairs.

Sure like messing with these old guns. They really surprise some of the black gun shooters at the range!
    Last edited by leadman; 10-30-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Holy Smokes, Leadman!!! That is a cast-boolit postal match winner if I ever saw one. I have over 200 cases and probably three times that many cast boolits set aside for next spring's milder weather. Just have to find the time between now and then to work up some loads for her. "Her" being a Greek Return 4.1 Million Rem 03A3 with a C-stock from the CMP a few years ago. Of course, my shooting will be iron sights, but the peep and post on my rifle still allows for some impressive shooting in spite of my progressive lens glasses.
    Please keep us posted on your progress and experimentation if it pleases you. I for one will be paying attention.
    Cheers,
    Got-R-Did.

Boolit Grand Master

I have a total of 4 1903 variants. Two Greek returns, Remington 1903a3 and a Smith Corona 1903a3. Also a full military Remington 1903, along with the SC 1903a3 sporter that shot this target.

I never gave these much notice until I bought the 2 Greeks from the CMP and saw what they can do. Now I look for them all the time along with the Krags. Just can't afford most of them now.

Good luck shooting your match.