WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Bd45

Boolit Buddy

Bd45

Well I found a gun that just loves to digest this boolit. I got a Springer XD and I took out today and put 300 of these through it without a hiccup. No leading and I am a happy camper I tried some of the 200 lee swc's and I dont think I got two in a row to feed. I was hoping this would feed good since it does in all my other pistols and my 1911's just love them. I was glad to see that te BD45 fed well since I have so many of them loaded.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    That's the only boolit I shoot from my .45's, ever since Bill gave birth to the design. Love 'em!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy
    I love the way this one feeds in my new Springer. Just works and fits well too after I beagled it. It is dropping them right at 453 and I am sizing them to .452. A wonderful boolit!

In Remebrance

It's good on live meat too. Hits with authority and the wide FN does it's job. Great design, good on you BD!

Boolit Buddy

Bd45

What's a BD45? Can I see a picture of one? I had an XD45 for a while. They won't let the fired case clear the shoulder of the round in the magazine. XDM 45 solved the problem by having a protruding section on the bottom of the slide which holds the round in the magazine down until the fired round is ejected. I love mine and have the XDM45Compact ordered. Can't have too many!

Boolit Buddy
    Oh now its all making sense. When I tried to get the SWC's to cycle they left a dent in the top rear of the magazine. I must be from the spent round coming out of the chamber and hitting the square edge next to the case mouth. Here is a pic posted by wiljen at the time the group buy was going on.

Boolit Master
    That mimic's very closely the dimensions of my favorite 10mm boolit. I guess now I know why it feed so well in my Para when other styles required some adjustment to COL, etc.

Edit: I guess I should say the boolit I have mimic's this one

Boolit Master

BD's is a great, even classic design.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master
    I'm still happy with it also. Loaded another 400 for myself last Sunday
    BD

Boolit Buddy
    BD If this is your boolit I do thank you much sir

Boolit Master

How much does the boolit weigh? I take it that this boolit was the subject of an earlier group buy? Has it been re-run? With the large meplat that boolit I would think it would work pretty good for self defense. I've shot some 452423's in my Taurus PT1911 and it seems to feed fairly well in that gun. I also have a Jericho 941 in 45ACP, and I have yet to try them in that gun, which I should, as that's the one I usually carry. If they don't feed good in the Jericho, the BD45 probably would.
    - MikeS

Want to checkout my feedback? It's here:
    http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136410

Boolit Master
    The design weight is 230 grains in WW metal. There have been two runs by Lee for group buys so far, and at least one run of the variation by AnthonyB with the "cowboy" style nose. Mountain Molds has cut this design as well. I've noticed that Lee has stuck the nose profile on another design or two. I don't know why they don't just offer this one in .452. I've told them it's fine with me if they do.
    BD

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I do have one complaint about the BD45. This past summer, I shot a vole in the garden with my Combat Commander.

Absolutely ruined the hide.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

waksupi,

You shot him right in the garden? Well no wonder it ruined the hide. Who could have predicted that?

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Had to shoot him in the garden, it was the biggest part. Besides, I thought he was going to charge!

At least you used enough gun. I had to google it to see what that ferocious critter was.
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.