Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything

Thread: Bull Plate Sprue lube.

Banner Sponsor

Bull Plate Sprue lube.

I bought a bottle of this awhile back and then lost it in the clutter of my unfinished projects. So I'm just now getting around to trying it. I was not expecting the huge improvement of smoothness of the sprue plate. I decided to try casting fast and hot with just a heavy leather glove on my right hand to open the sprue plate. Once I got going everything was smooth as could be. I opened the sprue plate too early a couple of times but never got any lead smear stuck to the top of the mold.
    I should have used this on my Mountain Molds brass blocks. I found it too easy to "Tin" the top of the molds if I got going too fast.

Great stuff
    Thanks.

Boolit Master
    I'll second that! Just got mine and love it.

Super Moderator

.................Ditto. Don't see why he doesn't go national Barring that, at least submit some to Handloader, American Rifleman and some other gun rags for testing.

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    .................Ditto. Don't see why he doesn't go national Barring that, at least submit some to Handloader, American Rifleman and some other gun rags for testing.

................Buckshot
    zumbo will have lots of free time..........
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Master

I've had mine for a while, wouldn't be without it!!!!!
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Banned

Zumbo could pay Dan to get started back on the road to recovery with promoting a great new industry product, but that would not be good Dan no..

Lar45 - welcome to the band wagon on Daniel's Spure Plate Lube - works great on iron, aluminum and brass - I wouldn't be without it again!

Benefit for the aluminum is no maring!

Drew
    Big Bore = 45+

Boolit Master
    Well now you guys got me going, I'll have to fire up the lead pot tomorrow. I'm sitting here looking at the bottle of sprue lube Dan sent me, and I've been telling myself, I'll try it one of these days. Sometimes it takes something like this post to lite the fire.

Thanks Guys,
    Jon

Boolit Buddy
    Jon:

You may end up kicking yourself for waiting - I did.

Great stuff.

Boolit Master
    After all these rosie reports I'll have to give it another try. I must have got some in the cavities the first time and finally just gave up.

Boolit Grand Master

joatmon;
    Someone on this forum suggested that if you shake up the bottle, remove the lid and just use the Que tip on the inside of the lid, you will get enough lube and not too much. I tried it and by George, it works!

Be sure and follow BullShop's instructions for use.

Dale53

Banner Sponsor

Mine didn't come with instructions, just what I read here. I cast several until the mold was really hot, then cut the sprue and left the slug in the mold while wipeing the lube on the top of the blocks and the bottom of the sprue plate.

Boolit Master
    Thanks Dale53, I'll give it another try. Was going to just mix it up for lube but I really want to lay in a supply of Lar45's lube when I can afford it.
    Last edited by joatmon; 02-23-2007 at 12:06 AM.

Boolit Master
    When we first introduced this stuff I said casting just got easier and as many are finding out it was true.
    With this lube the first things you will realize are extended mold life due to the very limited wear of the sliding surfaces. The ease of casting due to the lead not adhearing to the mold or sprue plate, and the alignment pins and surfaces sliding smoothly into place without galling and wear.
    Another big benifit for me has been to cast high quality boolits with lower quality (cheaper) alloy.
    The reason for this is I can work faster and maintain a higher mold temp which gives the clean fillout I want even with very low % tin in the alloy. Now I am not saying higher pot temp but higher mold temp. I like to work rather quickly and not cool the mold so the mold temp has a far narower temp variation range between casts.
    In time we all seem to develope our own routine that works best for us. I used to tandem cast as do many to let one mold cool while casting another. I dont do that any more as I can now work just as fast with one mold and make boolits just as good or better and do it with cheaper alloy.
    I am not at all trying to knock anyone elses systam but just offering what has worked realy well for me.
    BIC/BS

Boolit Grand Master

Far as I am concerned, it is about the best thing on the market since sliced white bread and dry toilet paper!
    1Shirt!

Boolit Master
    how do you order this lube?

Boolit Master

686, click on the link at the bottom of any Bullshop post, like the one just above this. Takes you to---wait for it---The Bullshop!

Just got mine, waiting for impending retirement to use it. There now will be only one answer to the question, "Where's Dad?"

Mark