Load DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missouri Bullet Company Review

Boolit Man

Missouri Bullet Company Review

Hey guys, just made a video of my experience with Missouri Bullet Company 147 grn 9mm lead bullets. Accurate, quiet, and cheap as hell. Give it a look and let me know what you think!

VIDEO

Boolit Buddy
    Here's my review of Missouri Bullets. I bought some of their 115gn 9mm lead rn and they leaded all my barrels terribly. I was going to melt them down until I read some comments from others here about hard lube and it's effects on leading. Following their suggestions to a posted link I tumble lubed the bullets with a 50/50 mix of Alox and mineral spirits and the leading disappeared. Do I need this extra step when reloading Missouri Bullets? NO! Will I ever buy them again? NO! I now cast my own 9mm and lube with White Lube BAC. No leading.
    Last edited by sig2009; 11-17-2011 at 11:21 AM.

shoot mbc bullets all the time with very few problems, as a matter of fact i shoot them in 4 different calibers, and they are extermely accurate
    3 shots@100yds
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails guide gun 002.jpg  

Boolit Buddy
    Most accurate store bought bullet I have used and no leading here. Inexpensive too!
    Lost in Penn's Woods.

Boolit Mold
    I have been useing their 45- 255 gr. SWC's for my Blackhawk. I use 8.0 grs. Unique and have checked them for speed and i am getting 830 fps with no leading. They are just as acc as my lyman cast 452424 SWC's with the same load with Lyman Orange Magic.

Boolit Buddy
    I use several different calibers of their bullets with excellent results.

Boolit Man
    Here's some final thoughts after I finished reloading bullets from MBC.
    VIDEO

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by savage1r View Post
    Hey guys, just made a video of my experience with Missouri Bullet Company 147 grn 9mm lead bullets. Accurate, quiet, and cheap as hell. Give it a look and let me know what you think!

VIDEO
    Great bullets, still have a few hundred from long time ago. However, call me cheap, that pricing is no cheap.

Boolit Buddy
    MBC gives my club a 5% discount, A lot of folks are buying them and shooting them in the indoor range, I smelt and cast what I get from the range and find the lead to be a little soft. But its free so I cant complain, LOL

Boolit Mold
    I had been buying Penn Bullets 115 gr swc for my 9mm. But they were a bit pricey, and the service was horrible. Last 500 I bought, came in so long after I ordered them I forgot I had. I ordered from MBC, and never looked back, great boolets, fair price, excellent service. I asked the owner about that 115 gr swc, he said he was working on getting the molds for it. I noticed today he has it in 124 gr $128.00 for 2,000. Will be ordering them as soon as I can make room in the budget. MBC been belly belly good to me!

Boolit Mold
    Hey Savage, if you don't mind me asking, what powder charge were you loading with that 147 gr? the speakers on this computer suck pond water, couldn't understand a word you said.

Boolit Bub
    I load the all the time.. Great bullet,no leading for me

Boolit Mold
    I've bought, reloaded and shot their bullets in 9mm and .40 S&W. No issues with the bullets.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    MBC gives my club a 5% discount, A lot of folks are buying them and shooting them in the indoor range, I smelt and cast what I get from the range and find the lead to be a little soft. But its free so I cant complain, LOL
    Good Man!

@(:^]#>:::
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy
    Well being from Missouri I may be a bit biased but they shoot every bit as good as anything else I have bought. They are now the only company I buy bullets from,I also buy alloy from them for my .480 and .500.
    As a side note,before you judge range lead,their bullets come in different hardnesses too.

Boolit Bub
    I use their 255gn keith unsized unlubed .No leading but I pc them,thanks smoke4320
    Last edited by northernlead; 06-05-2017 at 12:51 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by floridaboy View Post
    I have been useing their 45- 255 gr. SWC's for my Blackhawk.
    same here, but with H110 following linebaughs suggested loads.

Health issues keep me from casting but I love to shoot lead...it's all Missouri Bullet for me...both naked lead or coated lead...gets shot in all my guns..don't even try other manufacturers.

Missouri has the only off the shelve bullet that cycles consistently well in my DWM P-08 that being their cone shaped powder-coated 125g. Accurate, no leading, is easy on the old girl and the wallet, but best of all, they have allowed that gun to be near about 99% reliable!
    Kind regards,
    GC

Chico Marx, after his wife caught him in bed with another woman: "Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?"

Boolit Buddy
    I've use lots of Missouri Bullets w/ no difficulties.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast