Titan ReloadingWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 462 Hammer GC Mihec Cramer HP

Ok, temptation wins.
    Put me in for one mold with all pins, please.

g underscore blomquist at msn dot com

Thanks to all for gettting this going!

HONCHO EMERITUS

Post #14 updated with email addy for billing.
    -Matt
    Group Buys Honcho'd: C326-175-FN, 434-210-RF, C434-210-RF, 30-165-SIL-MOD, 358156-PB, 413-170-Keith, C348-225-FN, 8mm SIL, 45-230-CM, 45-270-Ohaus/SWC, Edd's 28-170-FN

Boolit Buddy
    so does $85 include the first set of pins?

I think my order needs to be edited on the list ....(1) can most likely be removed, as I am sure I will only get one mold unless I specify otherwise. I still wish there was an option for the little post pin like I pictured in the discussion thread, seems to be a more useful carbine velocity HP. Seeing as the large and the penta are virtually the same.

does the $32 get you ALL the pins? or is it $32 each?

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by brnomauser View Post
    so does $85 include the first set of pins?
    I would assume so as it's been that way in the past. I listed the pin combinations and what you see posted was what he sent. I'll try again to see whats what.

Quote Originally Posted by nanuk View Post
    does the $32 get you ALL the pins? or is it $32 each?
    He said all the pins. I will try to clearify on this.

Quote Originally Posted by greywuuf View Post
    I think my order needs to be edited on the list ....(1) can most likely be removed, as I am sure I will only get one mold unless I specify otherwise. I still wish there was an option for the little post pin like I pictured in the discussion thread, seems to be a more useful carbine velocity HP. Seeing as the large and the penta are virtually the same.
    The (1) option has several other people wanting it. I seems your by yourself on the small pin post. There needs to be some taper on a pin for it to release. Simply order a larger pin and have it turned to what you want.

45 2.1 :

I don't mean to sound like a malcontent , and the point I was making about the (1) is that I am the only one on the list with that designation, I think it stems from my original post as saying I am in for one (1) 2 cav mold ...... everyone else is just designated "small pin"

and I guess I am just kinda curious as to why all the differing pin shapes ... the two pictured in the drawing seem to be different than what was offered in the 502... that one had one that was a small diameter tapered and well functioning "post" the next size up was a cone and the large was the same cone atop a cylindrical section. these as drawn seem to be the same diameter hollows with a differing taper. I have been very happy with 502 ones and am just wondering if these in the drawing are more common or cast better or ... ? and it just seemed to me that a very small diameter hollow with thick walls might be usefull in a rifle sized bullet as compared to the very wide ones which I am sure are great for pistols.

I am not trying to get anything changed and will stand with what I have an be happy, just asking why is all.

I don't mean to sound like a malcontent , and the point I was making about the (1) is that I am the only one on the list with that designation, I think it stems from my original post as saying I am in for one (1) 2 cav mold ...... everyone else is just designated "small pin" Updated.............. for a regular guy.

and I guess I am just kinda curious as to why all the differing pin shapes ... the two pictured in the drawing seem to be different than what was offered in the 502... that one had one that was a small diameter tapered and well functioning "post" the next size up was a cone and the large was the same cone atop a cylindrical section. these as drawn seem to be the same diameter hollows with a differing taper. I have been very happy with 502 ones and am just wondering if these in the drawing are more common or cast better or ... ? and it just seemed to me that a very small diameter hollow with thick walls might be usefull in a rifle sized bullet as compared to the very wide ones which I am sure are great for pistols. Hollow points are strange animals at times. The alloy you use as well as the speed they get shot at dictate what happens.......... and everybody uses something different expecting classic results. A classic umbrella is not the best thing out there. Remember that this serves the 45 handgun cartridges as well. Those need some help at times, thus the deep hollow points. Most really open hollow points blow the nose off when cast of a softer ductile alloy. The leaves enough base to drive thru on the lighter big game. The small HP limits this and could be used on larger game. If your shooting bear, moose elk or the like, then a big HP is not what you want. A WFN or LFN is something wanted in those conditions. The blank pin works there.

Boolit Buddy
    In, with all pins please.

DSMJon at gmail dot com

Boolit Master
    Im new to the GB molds and all the lingo. Is this mold gas check only? Or is there a plain base option? This HP (320-ish) and solid weight is exactly what I want.
    I intention is to load it for heavy .45 colt, sized at .452" How easy is it gonna be to size down .462" to .452"?

Boolit Master
    Lefty SRH:

The bullet in the photo is the equivalent BRP version of the same 45 2.1 design. It was sized down to 0.454" in two steps for .45Colt. The alloy was 50/50 Pb/Clip on WW.
    Hopefully MiHec will be able to rerun a new Group Buy at some future date at 0.455" !

Jerry

S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

I'm in for 1 mold plus all Pin options: 1) small HP, 2) large HP, 3) penta HP, 4) blank pin for flat nose. brsterritt(AT)yahoo(DOT)com.

Updated

Boolit Mold
    I will take one with all pins please. Thanks

c dot robinson7 at cox dot net

45 2.1:
    the $85 gets one set of pins?
    our choice?
    and any pin set is reversable for a flatpoint?

45 2.1:
    our choice?
    Still no response from MiHec........... I'll try him again.

Boolit Buddy
    G'Day
    I'd like a mold with a full set of pins thanks. namovlov at bigpond dot com

45 2.1:
    our choice?
    Post #1 has the updated prices and pin option costs now. The blank pin (option #4) should give a true flat nose. The reversed pin on the previous MiHec molds I tried gave a slightly dished nose with a raised perimeter.

Boolit Buddy
    If I am not too late could you please add me to the list as well ( just let me know please if I made it or not...thanks )
    sm,lg and the solid pins

Paul Jacobsen
    pdj at shaw dot ca
    Forum name is 35Whelen

Merry Christmas everyone.......

Any idea when this mould run will be done?

Thanks and best regards

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast