RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad Data
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honesty at Cast Boolits

Boolit Grand Master

Honesty at Cast Boolits

I've done a little 'horse trading' lately with a few members of the forum. I was just taping up another box when it occured to me that I'm sending something to a man I've never seen, nevermind never met. He will be sending something to me also.

This is probably the best forum on the net for a number of reasons. One in particular is that there is a trust among members here that is never questioned.

If you ever wonder how trustworthy all our members are, just take a look at the daily posts in "Swappin' & Sellin'". Almost every one of those posts are responded to with an offer to buy or trade, depending on the OP.

How long has it been since somebody was black listed for not holding up to their end of a deal? It's rare, indeed.

There's something about this forum that attracts the better of the casters, handloaders and shooters that are on the web.

Boolit Master
    So true, It is a haven. Don

Boolit Grand Master
    Like I've said earlier......" You meet the best of the best here."

I am in Kansas and did a handgun trade with a guy in Florida a while back. He shipped his to my dealer and I shipped mine to his. Never met, never talked. You gotta trust somebody sometime.
    45 AUTO! Because having to shoot someone twice is just silly!

It's true, I have shipped and have had people ship things before payment was received. And it doesn't phase me to do so.
    Visit my page at www.echoarms.com for casting, reloading, and firearms accessories as well as FFL services in Southern California.

Like my Facebook page: Echo Arms

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    The ones that WERE booted for bad dealings, if you go out and watch on a dark night, you can still see the sparks from their butts bouncing down the pavement.

The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy
    YES good guys here one and all

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    The ones that WERE booted for bad dealings, if you go out and watch on a dark night, you can still see the sparks from their butts bouncing down the pavement.
    That's funny, Ric!!

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    I think it's because the hobby of bullet casting is based on traditions handed down from the days when Honor and Integrity were still a normal part of the culture.

It's hard to find that in the general public today.

My dad use to tell us when we were kids, "If you can't keep your word, what the hell good are you?" And he was a raging alcoholic. Despite that addiction, he managed to hang on to some sense of Honor and some sense of Integrity. That's how deeply rooted it was in his generation.

Thankfully, the vast majority of bullets casters on this forum have managed to integrate Honor and Integrity with their traditional bullet casting hobby as well.

I hope you get my point. I'm not saying we're all a bunch of honest but drunken bullet casters.

HollowPoint

Boolit Master

HollowPoint,
    Nicely expressed! Much better than I could have said but I agree 100% with what you said. BTW, I do like my craft beers!

Boolit Master

Learned growing up that a mans word & his handshake were better then most written contracts, that has not changed for me.
    Gun control 1ST ROUND ON TARGET.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 6.5 mike View Post
    Learned growing up that a mans word & his handshake were better then most written contracts, that has not changed for me.
    Nor has it for me. Guess I'm just old school. When I give my word it's my bond.
    I think a lot of the folks here are just like that.
    "Investment" is the new "Throw money at it!"

Detectives, and Cobras, and Agents!
    Oh my!

Boolit Grand Master
    I admit I have been late a few times on getting a package to the post office. But I have NEVER taken somebody's trade or money and not delivered my end of the deal. Honestly, not only am I not that way, I'm scared to death of the reputation it would bring on me.

No one dares to try a scam on this board Screw with one and the rest hunt you down and handle it!! I'll get the feathers!!!!! Clint

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by clintsfolly View Post
    No one dares to try a scam on this board Screw with one and the rest hunt you down and handle it!! I'll get the feathers!!!!! Clint
    True, and no telling how many scammers get nipped in the bud by our staff before they even have a chance to do evil, but I don't think it's the threat of consequences that keeps people straight here, I agree with Jim that this board is simply filled with good, honest folks to begin with.

Gear

Boolit Master

Honesty at Cast Boolits

Gear, you are right.

I have both bought and sold on this forum and have not been disappointed, nor did those to whom I sold an item or items complain. If a man is not as good as his word, he is not worth much!

I don't post very often but I read the posts a lot and have learned a great deal from this group. Appreciate everyone at Cast Boolits. 'Tuck (as in Kentuck)

We're a fine bunch of men ... and women

i was once talking to a guy at a gun show said he never got a bad check at a gun show
    shows the integrity of the people here and gun owners . in general , after all they have guns don't mess with them ..he he
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

Boolit Master

I saw mention above of a mans word being better than a written contract. The written contract is mostly a vehicle that carries in it the traps and loopholes and dirty tricks that one person wants to perpetrate on another person. At least that has been my experience.

Most unpleasantness can be avoided if people just treat others as they would like to be treated.
    Last edited by frkelly74; 11-11-2011 at 10:34 PM. Reason: thought of something else.

I got a mold in the mail from one of the long time members here a couple years back. I had bought and sold a few things close together and could not really even remember the deal. It kept bugging me till I went and read PM's, emails and looked at check book. I found no evidence of having paid for it. I sent a PM asking him if I had paid. "I dunno" was his answer. After checking his records he found no evidence either of being paid. I sent it promptly and all was well. I am very happy that this type of trust is common here.

If I stiff anybody it is not because I aimed to it is because sometimes Mr. Brain is not firing on all 8 cylinders.
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Don't Forget THIS !!!

We are ALL Good Looking, TOO ! - No joke, there CAN be honor & fair dealings. This is nice, Gentlemen.

JohnMc
    John Mc
    NSSA, NRA Life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast