RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Intro from Texas

Boolit Buddy

Intro from Texas

Howdy, Found this site a few days ago and just signed up tonight.

I'm "from" Kansas, but have lived in many different places, raised in the south, AL, LA, and FL. Living in Texas now, just outside Fort Worth.

I've got pretty varied interests in guns, My favorites are Smith & Wesson revolvers, accurate bolt guns, and all kinds of lever guns. I also love to ride motorcycles, and if you see a black & red Harley pass by, wave, it might be me!

Jim

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Welcome to the site.

Whats your casting experience? Favorite Beer?

Hope you enjoy this small corner of the www and like what you see enough to invite some friends.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Buddy
    Texas ?

Oh well, there goes the neighborhood

All we need now is two more and we'll take the place over

Welcome to the castboolits site Jim.

Lot's of knowledgeable, patient and good folks here.

I'm over the other end of the metroplex from you. Since you're new here, I will give you the brief rundown of the unofficial rules.

Since you're the new guy, you got to pony up some ww's to stay in good standing with the Members from your area. Three buckets is customary, but any amount over that will only be taken as a good will gesture. I trust you will make the right decision.

After we get your ww's, the next closest Member to your area will approach the brass and give a hearty recommendation on your behalf. If they like the report, most likely, you're in. If not, you get a second chance, just pony up another bucket or two of ww's.

Oh yeah... it looks like I'm the closest Member to your vacinity, so I guess I could come out and pick those up... just to help ya get started and all

Just about anytime is good for me.

Let me know.

'Slick
    ________
    Yamaha Y8950 Specifications
    Last edited by BigSlick; 05-03-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Bigslick left out another part of the sites tradition as it relates to Texicans. All Texicans are the pointers! Don'rt know what a pointer is? Hmmm he's the guy who stands down range by the target and points out the holes as they appear.
    Might account for the shortage of Texicans here abouts.
    Welcome, glad to have ya, some of us were getting tired of walking down range to see the results. Can't see so good any more, but still fun to shoot.
    Jim
    Cast boolets are the true and rightious path to shooting bliss.

Boolit Grand Master
    Buckets of WWs as an initiation fee? I must have missed something.......Slick needs to post pics of The Great Torpedo Melt he did recently.

Welcome aboard, sir.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    Texas? Do we still own that?

Harley rider who likes guns. Hmmmmm.

Welcome Tex, pull up a keyboard.

Banned

Welcome, you sure are in the right place. Those Texas guys are a little easy on you though, here in the east we don't want your WW's, you have to send us your guns to test to make sure they meet our specs. Could take a while, maybe three or four years and some never do match up and won't be returned until they do. So sit back, have a Corona and relax.
    How many gun racks do you have on that Harley? Folding shooting bench?

Welcome to the board. Please be assured the most esteemed members of this august gathering reside in The Lone Star State. You will undoubtedly soon be treated to the opportunity to read the posts by the sagacious Carpetman and the venerable Chargar if you have not already.

And one last caveat; take with a grain of salt anything anything you are told about sheep!
    Last edited by wills; 02-16-2007 at 10:13 AM.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Master
    Hey Jim,

We might be neighbors. I live out west of Ft. Worth and work in the city. Welcome aboard

Boolit Master
    Welcome, good to have you here, hope you don't mind being injected with the madness here, it's great stuff Kind of like the first time on a Harley when you where a young'in

Only dumb question is the one not asked

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOoA

Greetings and welcome from deep South Texas. Pay no attention to the Texas bashers..they are just jealous cause they can't hang their hats in the Lone Start State. Most of them can't shoot worth beans either!

See, Chargar already dropped by to greet you!
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Master

YeeeHaawww, from one TNG (Texas New Guy) to another!

You'll like it here.

Mark

Boolit Master
    Charles, you're so far south that ANYONE north of the Red River is a durn yankee to you! sundog

Never ask if a person is Texan. If they are they are, for sure gonna tell you. If not Texan you just embarass them.

Boolit Buddy
    actually.... I'm probably closer to you than ol BigSlick... I'm just north of Plano.

You don't have to fork over any WW, though. Not at first.......

Welcome!

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range, 2009 Phil's Avatar
    Two guys riding a train strike up a conversation. They start talking about how long the journey taking. One of the guys says he is from Texas and it takes all day to go from one end of Texas to the other. The other guy says he is from Rhode Island and their trains are that slow too.

Cheers,

Phil (chuckle, chuckle)

Loved going to TexAnns for a Polish Sausage and a beer when I was at Fort Hood. I still think Fort Hood was a great place.