MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: I gave in on lead

Banned

I gave in on lead

I give up on ww. Im tired if the same old anwser. So I ran an ad in the paper and got 585 lbs of mix scrap. for about .34 cents a pound. Its a bit more than I wanted to spend but Im hooked and the 240 lbs I started with is going Quick. So I figured what the heck I get 44 boolits for .34 cents. That Aint bad. So I am JEALOUS of you guys that get it for .14 cents a pound. But I'll be good for awhile. So I tell the wife.....HE,HE Still with the lead I have now I ONLY have about 36,500 Boolits HMMMMMMMMM I think I need to run another ad or 10

Happy Shooting,
    Jeremy

Super Moderator

.............Crap! I never thought of running an add!

.................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Buckshot:
    These youngster don't know they can't fly, guess they have to take care of us older guy's. I tell you Buckshot youth is wasted on young. What say YOU!!!!!!!!
    Don

Boolit Master
    yep, Don, I can remember when I KNEW every thing and was invincible. Now I'm just old feeble and fragile! What happened??

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jhalcott View Post
    yep, Don, I can remember when I KNEW every thing and was invincible. Now I'm just old feeble and fragile! What happened??

Life,

Boolit Bub
    I recently scored 240 lbs of dead soft lead for my 1860 Armys. 60 lb ingots from a defunct aerospace company. they called it "grid metal". I've been told that one indication of pure lead is when it casts with a purple haze. This does. Less than 30 cents/lb.

Boolit Buddy
    When I was a kid way back when in the Ozarks I used to dig chunks of raw lead out of the ground, had a lot of lead mines there. I remember it was kind of crystalline, and when you split a piece it was a beautiful purple rainbow color until the air got to it and it oxidized.

Kinda wish I still had some of that property these days, a lead mine would be handy.