RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee Precision
Wideners Repackbox
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: MidWay USA

Boolit Grand Master

MidWay USA

Anyone tried using MidWay's " New Web-Site ".......Slow as molasses on a cold winter day.

??????????????????

Boolit Master
    Actually, I have been thinking about suing Midway USA for FRAUD. They sold me an aftermarket barrel labeled "50 Beowulf" that was not made by Alexander Arms. When I questioned "Bob", apparently the second under the CEO, he said that they will do anything they can to make money. Absolutely no remorse for cutting the throat of a "niche" market provider. Even when I said that I was disappointed in them for doing it, Bob said "I am sorry you feel that way, but we will do what we will to make money". I will not do business with Midway USA ever again. To me, it is the same as coming in my house and taking my wallet. They are a multi-million dollar a year business that feels the need to cut the throat of a small "botique" firearms provider. I am ashamed and feel embarrased that that is their view. All hail Alexander Arms!!
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Master

Midway will not ship to Canada - so , nope, doesn't bother me at all...

Boolit Grand Master

I've never had an unresolved problem with Midway. Sorry you haven't enjoyed the same.

Boolit Master

I've been getting a little peevvvved at them hear lately too. Their E-Mail adds are for items for million-aiers, the paper fliers stink/boring, they WILL NOT ship loaded ammo to Ill., and over the last 3-5 years their shipping and handling charges are unbearable. Think I might start going to Mid-South.

Boolit Grand Master
    If I can't get any better results out of their Web site in the future than I'm getting tonight, I'm going somewhere ? ?

My original question however was " Have you experienced problems with their SLOW web site ?

Can anyone offer feedback on this question ?

Boolit Master
    I used to live next to Midsouth Shooters Supply. Had an issue with bulk brass for the 338 win mag. being 2 cases short in the count. Called at 5:30 and the OWNER answered. Said to come by and HE will hand me the brass to make the count right. Cant get that from Midway.

After today, I will pay several dollars over midway's prices to NOT do business with midway.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Master
    Seems way slow to me but then it has always seemed way slow to me. Altho I don't go there often and don't spend much there. Dennis

Yes I've had alot of experience with their slow website. Both the new and old were slow. My old laptop may have had something to do with it in part. My new laptop is pretty zippy. I've never had a problem with them. Happy with their service and products.
    If liberals knew what they were missing, they’d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! — James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)

Boolit Grand Master
    I visited MidSouth's site tonight....no problem....very zippy !

Went to MidWay's , two or three times tonight , it is SUPER SLOW, tried 3 different browsers, I'm running Windows 7 and DSL ? ?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post

Anyone tried using MidWay's " New Web-Site ".......Slow as molasses on a cold winter day.

??????????????????

Slow??? I would call it DOA. Not one single link on the home page would respond.
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Boolit Master

I find Grafs to be far superior to Midway and am happy to use their website.
    Marty-hiding out in the hills.

Boolit Master
    Yeah, that is outrageously slow. I liked the old layout better, too.
    I like the company a lot and I've never had a bad experience.
    Ronald Reagan once said that the most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".
    Download my alloy calculator here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=105952

Boolit Master
    Haven't looked at a midway site in a while. Not since I got charged $10 to ship a $12 product. When I called to inquire why, I was told THAT was standard shipping.
    "Investment" is the new "Throw money at it!"

Detectives, and Cobras, and Agents!
    Oh my!

Boolit Buddy

+1 marty. I have had excellent service from Grafs. They have a supplier of all kinds of brass including old items such as 303 Savage and at a good price. Good specials no items such as primers. Midway is not that cheap and their shipping charges seem high.

Banned

Ben, you'll more than make up the (generally, not always) higher cost of items at Midsouth in the shipping part. Midway makes you take it in the shorts when it comes to shipping, Midsouth usually only charges what actual shipping costs are.

As for the website, Midway's site has always been overloaded and undergunned. It would be a fine site, but when it gets busy (most of the time nowdays) it really bogs. New or old, it's balky and slow, sometimes timing out my browser on page loads and searches even with 12.0 DSL. Keep in mind the other end of the same "we will make money any way we can" philosophy, which is "we will cut corners and delay incurring expenses any way we can", which includes giving website upgrades to the lowest bidder, and buying the smallest amount of bandwidth they think they can get by with. I seriously doubt it's your computer or internet connection.

Gear

Boolit Master

Yep, about 2-3 years ago MW re-did their website and maybe even again more recently. Ya know when you hit the big time and feel compelled to out-do Cabela's you hire a web design company that is run by so-called "marketing geniuses" and loaded with 22 year old puter geeks who have ZERO experience with the customer base, the product and no common sense and really couldn't care less about it. The product is the "latest and greatest". It was loaded up with hard to navigate non-logical pathways, but Lary P. sure felt proud of it because he had spent a ton O $ for all the moving graphics, glitz and bling. I had an issue with it in the automated billing-shipping area. I called 3 times and explained the problem. No help and no effort to help. Emailed Larry P. twice about it. Got the canned message response and no correction. I finally gave up and figured a work around from my end.

So yes, it is slow and full of BS marketing bling. That has caused me to use Midsouth more and more. Even Grafs re-did their site more recently- again slowing down the whole process of shopping with them but it doesn't seem as bad as MW's.

Boolit Grand Master

Ya scared me with the OP. The only thing I much use Midway for any more is the web site to look stuff up and compare prices. Their shipping rates turned me off them a couple years back. I bought two of an item that was packaged in a flat formed plastic package, could have stacked 8-10 of them in flat rate medium box and they put one into two medium flat rate boxes and charged (or tried to) me double shipping, full shipping charges for each box. That incident has cost them a lot, I had spent thousands at Midway up until then, couple of bucks since. I'm sure it's not only me, I would bet there are a lot of people that now shop elsewhere. I also bet that Midway is wondering why.

Had to log on and see, site is working fine for me, not slow and all the links I clicked worked.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    i have been using gafs alot as of late thier prices are competive and the shipping is very cost is good as well

Boolit Master

Fast as a thief for me, too. Haven't ordered in a while.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast