WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bench time, during crysis at home....

Boolit Buddy

Bench time, during crysis at home....UPDATE PG 3

Well things are heading south between my wife and I... Lost 12LBS the last 3weeks....Really feel sorry for are 2 children ages 15-16, and our marriage of 17yrs...
    But the good news is that I finally got alittle bench time in and sized 100rds of my favorite C/B H&G68 a mold I bought back in 91
    I thought at the time I was nuts to spend $180 for a mold......
    Just nice to do what I like to do, and R E S T the mind and not try to predict the future....
    Last edited by PDshooter; 05-03-2012 at 06:26 PM. Reason: staying togethere
    NRA Life member since 91
    Retired Guard 20yrs
    Shoot,Shovel,Shut-up

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Just call it casting therapy and in some cases it works better than a doctor . I'm sorry to hear the family is having a rough time I pray things get better for all of you .

I spent what seemed a lot of money back when I bought my molds but they have been well worth it .

Jack

Boolit Master

How many times have we spent, what initially seemed like too much money for something, and later said - wish I hadn't spent that much. Not very often. Buy the best you can afford. I know I've rarely regretted it.... Mike
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Buddy

i have found that shooting (I like to shoot off hand) and casting to be very relaxing. You must concentrate and it helps make the troubles go away for a period of time and that results in sometimes seeing things differently. Over the years my wife an I have had our ups and downs. Some good days, some bad days. Just so the good outweighs the bad, hang in there. Things have worked out and we have been married for 47 years. I hope things work out for you, your wife and children.

Boolit Master
    Hang in there. Two wives have come and gone and the constancy of bullet casting and gunning in general got me through it both times.

Good molds are worth every penny of what they cost. I spent a small fortune back in the very early 80's on a few custom molds, guided by the likes of Ed Harris, Syd Musselman, Frank Marshall, et al, in those early years of the CBA. Wife #1 had a fit when she found out how much money I spent. She's gone, but the molds are still here. What does that tell you?

I went through a hard time after my first divorce. From experience I can tell you that the best thing to do is to stay busy at something, especially something you enjoy. The less time spent sitting around thinking, the better off you'll be.

Someone once said that adversity is the fire that tempers the steel in men. It's true. In time you will be even stronger than you were before things went south.
    There is some ammo and more ammo. There is never enough ammo!

Boolit Grand Master

I can't personally relate to seperation or divorce, but casting and shooting have been good theropy for everything stressful in my life.
    PD Shooter, good luck with what ever comes your way.

Boolit Grand Master

Hang tough and keep your cool!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Master
    Sad to hear. Nothing is better than a good marriage, nothing is worse than a bad one.

We will pray for God's grace and healing for you all.

Rich

Boolit Bub
    Tough times bring out the best in all of us. Prayers are offered for you and your family.

Boolit Grand Master

This old bachelor doesn't have any helpful experience with marriage or divorce but I'm hoping and praying for the best for you and your family. It's remarkable how time spent casting or loading helps me think more clearly afterwards. I bought most of my casting gear before my dad died and it sat in boxes for nearly two years while I administered his estate. I simply didn't have the time to learn a new hobby. I did a tiny bit of loading during those years and it was helpful.
    Quite an attractive mould, BTW. Looks like she'll get you through good times and difficult ones as well.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

That's a beauty od a mold PDShooter. I love that boolit also!

My wife of 22 years walked off a few years back. I lost lots of weight! I know what walking around feeling like you were kicked in the belly feels like.

I was lucky to have a great friend that helped me stay busy. We cast, loaded and shot a lot!

If you need to talk or anything get ahold of me. If you get too squirly contact somebody trained to help.
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you for all our support........Seeing a marriage con, , but I'm the only one going...She wants out after 17yrs.....Will try to make the best of it till kids graduate from H.S in 2yrs....She can't afford the house on her own.....
    NRA Life member since 91
    Retired Guard 20yrs
    Shoot,Shovel,Shut-up

It is just a plain crappy time for you. Your showing your real backbone by focusing on the kids. Your a decent man and should be proud of yourself.

I use these gun forums to help me deal with cancer and worrying about my family. We might argue about gun stuff but I find real support from like minded folks.

Don't give up either. I stayed in prayer for 8 months and kept being civil even after being kicked out. Helped when the computer broke and she needed help, etc. Finally, one day she showed up on my doorstep wanting to talk. Just make sure you don't push and let the man upstairs change her heart. Sorry if my religion offends, but it got me through...

Boolit Master

Best of luck to the personal issues, they can certainly weigh heavily on a person.

let the casting, loading and shooting take some of the burden off of your brow.
    Last edited by TCLouis; 05-04-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Mold
    Life's a bitch until you divorce one!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by tacklebury View Post
    Don't give up either. I stayed in prayer for 8 months and kept being civil even after being kicked out. Helped when the computer broke and she needed help, etc. Finally, one day she showed up on my doorstep wanting to talk. Just make sure you don't push and let the man upstairs change her heart. Sorry if my religion offends, but it got me through...
    Thank you.......Your sooooo wright........I concur!
    NRA Life member since 91
    Retired Guard 20yrs
    Shoot,Shovel,Shut-up

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by PDshooter View Post
    Well things are heading south between my wife and I... Lost 12LBS the last 3weeks....Really feel sorry for are 2 children ages 15-16, and our marriage of 17yrs...
    But the good news is that I finally got alittle bench time in and sized 100rds of my favorite C/B H&G68 a mold I bought back in 91
    I thought at the time I was nuts to spend $180 for a mold......
    Just nice to do what I like to do, and R E S T the mind and not try to predict the future....
    I'd sure like to have about 500 of those....

Boolit Grand Master

Yes, it takes at least two to make a marriage work. One can hold the family together until the other makes up their mind, however. Congratulations for accomplishing that! Until the kids get out of college, if they go there, they will need a bedroom in the summer at least. If your wife can't support herself she can't support them.

"At least two" means that the Holy Spirit in both of us helps. It's still hard work with His help.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast