Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
Load DataSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: cheap easy .460 sizer

Thumbs up cheap easy .460 sizer

well I placed an order for some various reloading stuff and realized that the .459 lee sizer I ordered was out of stock. I was going to order the .458 but didn't want to make another order just for that so I grabbed the Lee 45-70 boolit seater die, removed the top punch and screw top and shoved a boolit through ( my Lee 405 gr HB mould drops them at .463 " ) it came out the top at just a shade over .460 and now they chamber without having to give em a pinch in the resizer die. ( I was shooting them as cast and they were a little snug ). to push the boolit through I used and old 38-55 case with a 38 special case pushed in the neck so it would reach all the way through the die. Now, whhat to do with that $ 17 + tax I saved hmmmmmm

hey, watch where ya point that thing!

You poor sole! All that money! Good Yankee thanking!
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Quote Originally Posted by enfield View Post
    well I placed an order for some various reloading stuff and realized that the .459 lee sizer I ordered was out of stock. I was going to order the .458 but didn't want to make another order just for that so I grabbed the Lee 45-70 boolit seater die, removed the top punch and screw top and shoved a boolit through ( my Lee 405 gr HB mould drops them at .463 " ) it came out the top at just a shade over .460 and now they chamber without having to give em a pinch in the resizer die. ( I was shooting them as cast and they were a little snug ). to push the boolit through I used and old 38-55 case with a 38 special case pushed in the neck so it would reach all the way through the die. Now, whhat to do with that $ 17 + tax I saved hmmmmmm
    Buy beer
    There's enough space for all God's creatures...Right next to the mashed potatoes!

Boolit Master
    I been trying to find one that would be 350, but haven't found one that size. I don't have a 338 seater to try and that one could be close.

Thanks for the tip. I have a snug fiting boolit too.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.