Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Where to buy bullet lube??

Boolit Bub

Where to buy bullet lube??

I'm getting ready to start lubing my 38 cal bullets and was wondering where is the best place to buy lube. I thought there was an add at the bottom of the Cast Bullet front page but I don't see it there. Help and Thanks

Deacon Stone

Boolit Master

Look up white label lube. They are a sponsor of this site and great people to boot! Very god prices on great lube. I am personally fond of the carnuba red. Use It on my 38 with great results. Keep it away from your boxer as mine ate my first 25 sticks I ordered. good luck!
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

White label is the way to go
    http://www.lsstuff.com/lube/
    50/50 or BAC would would be good. Carnuba Red is what I use but it needs a little heat to
    flow
    You can't beat the price. I see they're moving from ID to AR so it might take a
    couple of days to get back to you.
    White Label Lube
    364 Indian Point Road
    Ward, AR 72176
    Last edited by Daddyfixit; 11-02-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

White Label's Lube are very good.

Also, Randyrat sells lube or the ingredients to make your own
    so you can customize the formula to your lubing technique,
    boolit design and shooting application.
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

+1 on white label lube co. I like their Carnuba Red formula.
    “an armed society is a polite society.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
    Publius Tacitus

Boolit Buddy
    Winchester, VA, but I'm from the better Virginia...WEST Virginia
    +1 for Randyrat if you plan on making your own. He has a great variety pack that has all the hard to find ingredients for *99% of lube recipes.

I personally haven't tried his premade lubes, but he is great to deal with.

(percentage approximation, actual amount of lube recipes unknown)

White Label, the only real chocie & there are several diff lubes to choose from there. Unless you get free components, it's tough to make a better bullet lube IMO.

Carnuba Red is one of the best lubes I have used on my 38's. If your in a colder climate like myself, you'll need a bit of heat to get a good fill. White Label is excellent to deal with.

Another plug for White Label and Carnuba Red. http://www.lsstuff.com/lube/

They are in mid-move so orders might be a little slow.

I ordered a bunch of Carnuba Red week before last to use in my new to me Lyman 45 (bolted to a Midway Heater) for the first time. Lubed and sized a bunch of .45 Colt bullets.

White Label is great. I placed the order via PayPal for Carnuba Red hollow bagged sticks. I received an email in a couple of hours. Leah explained it was busy but, my order would ship by the end of the week. Received a shipping conformation right when she said I would and the package was here a couple of days later.

The Carnuba Red fills really well when warmed up and stays put and isn't tacky when cooled so the bullets don't stick to each other when put in a container, yet its not hard and brittle like some hard lubes i.e. Orange Magic.

After just 400 bullets its enough to put me off pan lubing ever again. Not just because using a lube sizer is faster but, using the Carnuba Red is a whole lot less messy and pan lubes don't store as well.

I haven't shot them yet but, I will tomorrow.

I've been reading up and thinking about making some DIY lube for a while now but, for $1.65 a stick for such a good lube, I probably won't for a long while.
    Last edited by Ziptar; 11-05-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard333 View Post
    Keep it away from your boxer as mine ate my first 25 sticks I ordered. good luck!
    That must have gotten interesting! Not sure if it would plug him up or "lube" things up a bit. Either way, I bet your dog wasn't feeling to hot after all of that!

BTW, I'm another Carnuba Red fan. Takes heat to flow, but I can store lubed boolits in my garage here in TX and not have to worry about finding a puddle of lube under my boolits or having them all stick together. It's pretty awesome stuff. I've duplicated a test someone did here by smashing a lube boolit with a hammer until almost flat. The lube stayed put in the groove until there wasn't one, and it stuck with the lead even then. I was impressed.

Banned
    lbtmoulds.com

My gun after 50 rounds of full power loads, two wet patches and two dry patches. Lube is LBT Blue.

Boolit Master
    I use Carnuba Red from White Label too. I like it.

www.lsstuff.com/lube
    In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton

Boolit Grand Master
    http://www.lsstuff.com/lube/

I love the BAC lube. Have used it exclusively for almost 5 years now.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    G'day All.
    I have used BAC with good results, But it is too tacky for Hot Aussie weather conditions.
    I am now using Jakes Purple Ceresin lube for 45 38 and 9mm.
    It needs heat to run through the Lyman 450 but it leaves the bore shiny bright after 300 rounds of 45.
    I want to try the Carnuba red one day.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master

here on this site just keep checking somebody always has a good deal on a good lube,you might even want to mix up your own just drop down to the lube section,Ben H has a great write up on mix and using lubes check it out

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by crawfobj View Post
    That must have gotten interesting! Not sure if it would plug him up or "lube" things up a bit. Either way, I bet your dog wasn't feeling to hot after all of that!

BTW, I'm another Carnuba Red fan. Takes heat to flow, but I can store lubed boolits in my garage here in TX and not have to worry about finding a puddle of lube under my boolits or having them all stick together. It's pretty awesome stuff. I've duplicated a test someone did here by smashing a lube boolit with a hammer until almost flat. The lube stayed put in the groove until there wasn't one, and it stuck with the lead even then. I was impressed.
    Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm that's some high price dog Food

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by crawfobj View Post

No blockage at all. Went through him like a 38 in a Blackhawk!! Must say it was not something I'd have him do again.
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin