RepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: RCBS Rockchuckers having Red Chinese castings?

Boolit Master
    Buy stuff made in China. Save a couple bucks. Put an American out of a job. Want a country for your children? Buy American and spend a few extra dollars. You will miss the extra dollars a lot less than your children will miss what we once were.

Your shirt, pants, shoes, underwear made here? Your computer, pen, desk, phone? Oil in your car made here? Money to pay our armed forces borrowed from China except they are getting tired of lending us money. 14% of US citizens on food stamps.

Change starts with us on an individual level. We sent the jobs overseas looking to save a few cents at Wal Mart buying Chinese junk as much as the bosses trying to make another dollar. Problem is that the Chinese are now moving into things that are not junk and we get even weaker.

Boolit Master

I e-mailed RCBS a couple years ago telling them many reloaders were put off by their Chinese presses and they'd do well to make stuff in the USA and charged a little more. The reply I got said their presses are indeed fully made here.

Boolit Master
    Can someone reference the Handloader article with the photo of the crate of Chinese castings? I have looked through my old issues and cannot find it yet. I have three of the old A2's and would love to see them back in production !

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Terry Murback one told me, that he had spoken with the RCBS folks and they stated they would have to price the A2 at $700.00 to make a profit these days. There would be zero demand for a single stage press in that price range.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

Name me one computer that is not made in china?
    Denny

Boolit Buddy
    Buy American Made Tools, keep jobs in America, thats why I buy Lee Precision Products. Their products are designed, cast, machined, assembled and packaged in America and they stand behind their product. Heck, even my jeans are Lee.

Boolit Mold
    GLL, the article was in August of 2006. The article is called "A tour of RCBS", written by John Haviland.

To the best of my knowledge, RCBS had discontinued having castings made in China shortly after they started. I am confident that all of their reloading machines, like ours, are completely made in America.

Boolit Master
    jspurgeon:

Welcome to the Forum !

Thank very you much for the reference!

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Master
    a lot of symantic trickeration occurs these days. There are about five basic definitions of "Made".

Unless the ore was:
    1. mined here
    2. smelted here
    3. poured into raw castings here
    4. machined here
    AND
    5. assembled here by American born workers

It is not truly 100% American Made.

Too many companies get 3 or 4 of the above and yet claim "American Made."

BTW; unmachined castings do not have to have the Made In USA stamp or tag.

Rich

Boolit Master
    Any one know where Dillon gets its castings made? Is Dillon pure USA or
    made in Mexico ?

Lets not start a rumor, this is only a question.

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by milprileb View Post
    Any one know where Dillon gets its castings made? Is Dillon pure USA or
    made in Mexico ?

Lets not start a rumor, this is only a question.

There is a good chance your answer is three posts above yours and kudos to Dillonhelp for sticking up for the competition, could have not said anything and let people believe that the castings are still made overseas.
    Last edited by lead-1; 11-05-2011 at 08:31 AM.

Boolit Bub

American made

I try to buy everything american .
    Abc news has been running a show about building a house with all american made materials, it is a real eye opener. Only added 1% to the house !!!
    Nails for instance. Only nails made in us come from an illinois company[maize nails] they went to their factory. Had about 20 employees.
    The owner said that if just 5% more houses built in u.s. Used their nails, they would hire 15 employees to handle the business
    this puts it in clear terms , buy american

Quote Originally Posted by dillonhelp View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, RCBS had discontinued having castings made in China shortly after they started. I am confident that all of their reloading machines, like ours, are completely made in America.
    How would one know? furthermore how could one trust rcbs when they are flat out lying to their customers by claiming that they never were cast in China? at least with Lee's classic cast press (which is the press that sent rcbs to China in the first place) it has CAST IN U.S.A. right on one side of the frame. Then again if there is any connection with the Chinese and the classic cast press it's possibly made with railroad tracks laid by Chinese slaves in the 1800's. BTW Lee's website no longer references RCBS and China, but they changed their entire website a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sharpshooter View Post
    a lot of symantic trickeration occurs these days. There are about five basic definitions of "Made".

Unless the ore was:
    1. mined here
    2. smelted here
    3. poured into raw castings here
    4. machined here
    AND
    5. assembled here by American born workers

It is not truly 100% American Made.

Too many companies get 3 or 4 of the above and yet claim "American Made."

BTW; unmachined castings do not have to have the Made In USA stamp or tag.

Rich
    The problem with all this is that we sell our metals to China and then buy them back at a much higher cost. You are correct that unmachined castings do not have to have the country of manufacture on them, but until recently it was required that if products had foreign parts, and U.S.A. was to be stamped on them that it state "Made in U.S.A. of foreign and domestic parts". Now that China owns the U.S.A. most of the stuff coming from there does not even have a made in China stamp.

Boolit Master

To return to my question: How to identify the Red Chinese Rockchuckers?
    It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it. Sam Levinson

Quote Originally Posted by Naphtali View Post
    You probably can't identify them as they were not stamped so as to deceive the customer. They probably come from the same mold whether they are still poured in China or whether they are poured in America from the iron they import from China.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndog View Post
    Not to hijack this thread, but if you want a QUALITY deburing tool, look to L.E. Wilson or Redding.
    Get one from Lee. Works as well as any other.

I really think that unless absolute and catagorically undeniable evidence verifies that RCBS is outsourcing castings to the ChiComs we should refrain from repeating it. Right now RCBS is a first rate American business. I'd hate to see rumor run them into the ground.

My Rockchucker is from the 80s. I use it for all sorts of stuff and whenever I've had a broken part or decapping pin or.....RCBS has replaed it free and right away. I would say the RCBS, Hornady and Dillon all understand customer service. Now if some of the others would just step up to the plate....
    R J Talley
    Teacher/James Madison Fellow

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphtali View Post
    I'll look at mine when I'm home next week and post how to tell if it was made in China.

Because mine was made in China and it states it somewhere, either on the press or the box it came in, I don't remember which.
    I aim to misbehave.

Mostly Harmless.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast