Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable casting myths on other boards

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by redneckdan View Post
    Grand daddy always said ya can't fix stooopid.....all you can do is pick up the pieces afterwards....
    That's assuming there is anything usable to recover after the smoke clears.

A tried and true statment comes to mind from one of the finest NCO's I ever served with. "Complacency Kills" and in this case ignorance and pride is the same as complacency. If an individual is so narrow minded that he is unwilling to belive the logic from many sources a Darwin award is likley in the works.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

I just read the last post over there and it looks like the OP is getting a good raking over the coals.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is final!
    Will kill for food!

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    It said, "Leadhead's reputation is BEYOND REPUTE"!!!!!!!!!
    I wonder what their definition of repute is ...
    Last edited by montana_charlie; 10-23-2011 at 07:26 PM.
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Quote Originally Posted by clintsfolly View Post
    It should hurt to be that dumb!!! Clint
    No, it should be ILLEGAL to be that dumb. That guy is a Darwin Award winner in the making!

Since the thread started only 2 days ago, let's see if he has a bhn posted by the end of the month. He said it would take his neighbor a week to get the results to him. What's he doing, sending the samples out to some lab?

The impression I got from that thread was he was just out to badmouth a good company. Unfortunately for him, his ignorance is getting in the way of any intelligent comment. (perhaps he works for a competitor?)

I think that when the bhn comes back at anything even within the 16-20 range, there should be an outright demand for an open apology to the other members of that forum and especially to Mo Bullets.

Boolit Master

It's funny, I've only been reloading for a few years now.

The reason I'm relatively successful is this.....I'm willing to learn.

I hope to keep that willingness in 40 years.
    "I have enough ammo and guns to shoot my way into Nevada." - California resident.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Beyond repute with only 140 posts? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOk!

Moderator Emeritus

I feel certain that regardless of what his "friend" tests the BHN out to be, it's going to be listed by the brain donor as low just to save face.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Beyond repute with only 140 posts? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOk!
    Probably get to post their own reputation levels. Or some one's brother in law.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    OMG!!! Is it possible he is just "shinning people on"? Check out this latest from him.

I'm still looking for the answer to how with the dies set exactly the same way, another 10,000 or so 9 MM's loaded and fired without one of the problems I am having with these bullets. And please don't insult my by saying anything about seating depth. It seems aggression is still rooted in elementary loading skills that I have mastered but then that's the only ammunition you have other than the poorly cast bullets with substandard lead.

Boolit Master

Ignorance is curable, stupidity is terminal.
    I've been ignorant before. I've even snapped at folks trying to set me right, but after more than one or two join in to tell me I'm wrong, I usually step back and rethink to see if I just might be mistaken.

I felt a bit sorry for the guy at first, knowing how foolish he was going to feel. When he started fighting everyone who tried (even quite nicely and with great patience) to help him, I realized what kind of guy he is. I have known people like that. I have relatives like that.

As to casting myths, I have a friend who still refuses to even consider using cast bullets. To him they are all garbage and will always lead your barrel. Seems he and a buddy once bought some no-name bulk lead 9mm slugs 20 years ago and loaded then up. They spent the whole afternoon scraping lead out of their barrels.

Heck, I've got nearly 25 years of reloading experience, even casting for about 20, but there's a whole world I didn't know about lead bullets and all their nuances until I got serious about the subject (and joined this forum). I appreciated the patience of a lot of you guys when I first got here. With all my years of experience, I had no idea just how much I didn't know!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    If you want entertained some time, pick any member at random, and go look at their early posts on the board. Some were downright hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by fatelk View Post
    I've been ignorant before. I've even snapped at folks trying to set me right, but after more than one or two join in to tell me I'm wrong, I usually step back and rethink to see if I just might be mistaken.

I felt a bit sorry for the guy at first, knowing how foolish he was going to feel. When he started fighting everyone who tried (even quite nicely and with great patience) to help him, I realized what kind of guy he is. I have known people like that. I have relatives like that.

As to casting myths, I have a friend who still refuses to even consider using cast bullets. To him they are all garbage and will always lead your barrel. Seems he and a buddy once bought some no-name bulk lead 9mm slugs 20 years ago and loaded then up. They spent the whole afternoon scraping lead out of their barrels.

Heck, I've got nearly 25 years of reloading experience, even casting for about 20, but there's a whole world I didn't know about lead bullets and all their nuances until I got serious about the subject (and joined this forum). I appreciated the patience of a lot of you guys when I first got here. With all my years of experience, I had no idea just how much I didn't know!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Banned

ooo ooo ooo pick me!

I'm sure I have some doozies!

Here's one

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...66&postcount=1
    Last edited by Blammer; 10-23-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Love Life
    OOh OOh OOH!! (while jumping up and down) pick me!

Hold on a minute. Is he claiming to have loaded and shot another 10,000 rounds since his initial post? I just checked again and yes he is. Oh my God!!!

Yep you can definately spot them when they show their heads.

How come we can't have cool meters like that forum? Nevermind I don't think mine would be as green as his!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blammer View Post
    ooo ooo ooo pick me!

I'm sure I have some doozies!

Here's one

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...66&postcount=1

That is great! We should just continue this thread on that subject. We are giving that dumby way too much time and attention.

Love Life
    But it is so fun. I had to kindly let him know that obitration is not a word. This knucklehead is a complete noob I'm guessing to both reloading and cast boolits (even store bought ones) which isn't bad, but the complete inability to find fault in his own actions is killing me.

So can we get cool meters like that forum?

The original intent of my post wasn't to focus on the poster on the other board. However when youns stated posting I thought it may wake him up to some facts. Some of those facts would include reloading safety, cast boolit basics and of course the questionable accusations on the commercial caster. But it's just not gonna happen, and its to the point of being almost sad. Lets move on or at least wait until he makes his final conclusions from the BHN, which probably in his mind, will explain everything.
    If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man.

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by cephas53 View Post
    The original intent of my post wasn't to focus on the poster on the other board. However when youns stated posting I thought it may wake him up to some facts. Some of those facts would include reloading safety, cast boolit basics and of course the questionable accusations on the commercial caster. But it's just not gonna happen, and its to the point of being almost sad. Lets move on or at least wait until he makes his final conclusions from the BHN, which probably in his mind, will explain everything.
    It is so hard to walk away, but you are right. I really hope he gets exasperated and quits reloading.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm Very New too Casting and also shooting BPCR...but, from all the reading I've done...I've see some say that if a bullet is too Small...and doesn't seal the bore....some of the Flame can come around the bullet and cause More Leading...
    I don't know for sure how...but, maybe from melting the lead on the sides??

Terry

Boolit Master
    It is an entertaining thread to say the least. Too bad his mind is so closed and he's so sure of his "facts". Makes him sound ignorant. I would be very interested in the hardness of their alloy and what the actual bullet size is after loading. I know what he says...

TH

Boolit Master
    As Ron White says.... "you can't fix stupid"....

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast