Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable casting myths on other boards

Love Life
    I almost did in my post, but didn't want people to think all the CastBoolits members were like me!!

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry, life is too short. I am happy to help those that will listen. If they don't, no skin off
    my nose, and I WON'T be bothered getting cranked up of some idiot. The ratio of idiots to
    knowledgeable people is very favorable on this site, making it a nice place to be. Not so
    much other places, so I don't go there.

Life is too short to spend very much of it on ungrateful fools that are unwilling to learn

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

In Remembrance

Humor on Sunday morning

is good.
    I liked the statement that he broke his barrel in with 500 rounds of jacketed and then lapped it with three different grits.
    I think his reading comprehension is just a little lacking.

"Ya ruint your boolits ya jackwagon".
    I suspect that he has none of the offending boolits left that are not mucked up to load to proove that they can be shot successfully.

A classic example of how one person can screw it up for everyone.

Life is good

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bearcove View Post
    Yes, and the stupid often don't know their ignorance. Fatal flaw of knowing it all.
    And the OP displays both ignorance AND stupidity...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master

I read the whole thread first thing today--before anyone even posted here.
    How the heck you going to NOT mess up a lead bullet with a collet type puller.
    The OP brings new meaning to the word ( ******* )
    Much more going on with him than a cast bullet issue.
    Best to leave folks like that alone to them selves.
    I think I will look up some of his other post if I can, just for a laugh or two.
    I wont join to do it--it might be catching.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Love Life
    So abouot those 40+ years of experience. Are those human years or dog years? Or perhaps gold fish years?

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

I feel like a rubber necker watching a car wreck in slow motion.
    That level of arrogance and condescension never ceases to amaze me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Master

If it were me I would have had the bullets tested for hardness BEFORE I spouted off in a public forum. Bet he never posts the results. Not that it matters, I use my same 9 Brinnell hardness lead that I use in my BP guns for most all my handguns, even my 45 acp and 9mm, and never have a problem. The only time I had a bad leading problem is when I bought some very hard bullets, the ones with silver in them. Didn't work for me so I traded them off, didn't get all pissy about it.

Boolit Buddy
    leadhead bullits. makes real good boolits i shoot a lot of them

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    I got this.
    Boy didn't you!
    Hmm. I highly suggest you do the shooting community a HUGE favor and stop reloading. Your knowledge of the subject is so far off I see you as a major safety issue to any all ranges you may frequent. I am sorry this sounds harsh, and I do not mean to make you angry, but sometimes other people see what you don't. I am more than willing to take some time via PM or phone call to instruct you in the correct and safe ways of reloading using both jacketed and cast bullets.

Oh by the way this is my first post and I want to say hello to everybody. Hello!!
    That almost had me rolling out of my chair laughing! That thread over there has the potential to become epic!

I've got over 20 years reloading experience, much of that with cast boolits. I cannot express you you how much I've learned here in the last year I've been a member here. I've not just learned about how to cast, but how to properly size a cast boolit, and how that affects potential leading in a barrel. I'm glad I'm not too arrogent to know when I don't really know something.

Love Life
    Attitude is everything. Instead of coming out and blasting MBC he could have asked a couple questions. It is obvious from the boolits that it is 90% operator error that is causing his issues with size being maybe the only real issue. Most of the 9mm guns I have shot have needed .357-.358 to stop leading. Then when people tried to help he got uppity, and then totally gave the wrong scoop on factory crimp dies. It's O.K. though because I posted again and pointed him to Veral Smith's and Glenn Fryxell's books which should help him alot. I also told him to read a reloading manual. After all that I am done never to visit the sight again.

I also threw shooting cast out of factory glock barrels into the mix

I have been to that forum before and as someone posted earlier their is a lot of mall ninja activity there. I have also seen bad scoop on other issues as well. That is why I frequent this sight. Good people, good discussion, and actual experts.

Also I have loyalty to MBC. When I first started casting they are the ones I bought my alloy from to cast my first bullets before I knew about wheel weights and everything else. I called them and talked to them on the phone and they were very nice. They even told me that their alloy may be a bit too hard for 45 acp and 38 special, and pointed me on the route of scrounging. Can't beat that!!

Boolit Master
    Grand daddy always said ya can't fix stooopid.....all you can do is pick up the pieces afterwards....
    Some where between here and there.....

In Remembrance
    I'm not going to join that forum just to post in Leadhead's thread, but there IS something I wish I could say to him.

In his post #39, he made two statements:

You belief is incorrect; a factory crimp die has no resemblance at all with a sizing die; ...

...and ...

I do know it [the FCD] helps guard against feed problems as the cartridge is nice and smooth on the outside.

My question would be, "If the FCD is not a sizer, what makes the case exterior so smooth when you use it?"

Oh, well ... such are the vagaries in life.

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by montana_charlie View Post

My question would be, "If the FCD is not a sizer, what makes the case exterior so smooth when you use it?"

Tiny midgets with hammers.
    Some where between here and there.....

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redneckdan View Post
    Grand daddy always said ya can't fix stooopid.....all you can do is pick up the pieces afterwards....
    and occasionally you can head it off before someone gets hurt...

this guy is a true bone head.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Grand Master

A drunk driver has allot of years of experience too. Doesn't make him a good driver.
    Aim small, miss small!

Banned

I was going to direct him here, just to watch the fireworks! But I got lazy and didn't want to register over there.

Love Life
    What gets me is that everytime you see a thread like that one and you call out the OP's blatantly obvious lack of reloading ability they get all defensive and say "I have reloaded 10,000,000,000,000,000 rounds just like this and it never happened before!!" We had a poster like that on this board a few months ago asking about his boolits and loaded rounds in the cast boolits section. Even though many members here tried to help and tactully pointed out his reloading procedures were the problem he went full retard and made tha bove claim.

I take reloading very seriously. Not only so I don't ruin a gun or hurt myself, but because I don't want anybody else hurt as well. What if you blow a cylinder and the shrapnel hits a young kid learning how to shoot with his dad? That is terrible. I know if I was injured by somebody elses lax reloading procedure, if I wasn't incapacitated they would have a very bad day. So when people put forth helpful hints to you like others did to the OP then maybe you might want to pay attention instead of claiming "I already 10,000,000,000,000 rounds like this!!" We can all see you are a moron.

OK I am stepping down from my soap box now.

On Heaven's Range

It is rather amusing....too bad he takes himself soooooo veddy, veddy seriously.

There's a wonderful "Freudian slip" on that Board. Clicking on the gent's "handle" brings-up his profile, which doesn't have much data. However, there's a small, bright-green segmented bar in his profile area. I clicked on that bar out of curiosity, and up popped a notation (this is PRICELESS).

It said, "Leadhead's reputation is BEYOND REPUTE"!!!!!!!!! (My capital letters).

Words fail me, just as they seem to have failed those running that Board. Could they have meant "....beyond reproach"???
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by montana_charlie View Post
    I hear that!
    His first thread here would probably result in a dozen of us being banned ...

CM
    I think we are smarter than that Charlie. There would only be one banned.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast