Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable casting myths on other boards

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Jeff,

By all means stick around and join us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    +1 !!

Stay around a while. There's some thing in here for everyone.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Jeff,

Welcome aboard!

On the plus side I was unaware that there was a site just for gun owners in Pa. I am a gun owner AND I live in Pa! When I get some spare time I think I will be pokeing around there more.

Jerry Jr.
    You can't buy experience, but you'll pay for it.

.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer. ~ My Dad.

NRA LIFE MEMBER Upgraded to Endowment Member 5-23-14

Boolit Master

Welcome to the forum Jeff.
    Hope you stick around.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master

Jeff, welcome! Ken (45Nut) and the mods run a great site here. Given the name, I guess you can understand why the members here would be very interested in cast bullet related topics and information posted on other sites, especially when that info is totally wrong and bogus.

I've learned so much here I can't even begin to catalog it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by theperfessor View Post
    Jeff, welcome! Ken (45Nut) and the mods run a great site here. Given the name, I guess you can understand why the members here would be very interested in cast bullet related topics and information posted on other sites, especially when that info is totally wrong and bogus.

I've learned so much here I can't even begin to catalog it.
    +1 and 2!

Welcome Jeff AKA human with hair problems. You will gather so much info in one afternoon you'll be popin' advil to get rid of the headache. I had no intrest in older calibers until my Da lassoed me over here. Not only that I thought he was "old school" for casting for his .357 and .32WSP. Guess what, Da was all sorts of right! Casting .40 S&W, 45ACP and soon, .30-30 and 06. Not to mention 45-70, heart set on a "Guide Gun!"
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Master

Anybody here that registered over there, comment to him he's welcome at any time. It's unfortunate that this happened but there may be castor's there that were unaware of this site.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

Thomas Payne

Banned

Pretty entertaining thread. The OP is pretty scary.

I kinda know how he feels in reverse. I logged on to a new forum a while back to offer some posters help with their questions regarding DC charging I use for my off grid systems.

The senior members at that forum proceeded to blast me for 8 or 9 pages on how I couldn't possibly be doing what I posted, and that the subject was 5 times over my head. They were suckin' my energy like cyber vampires. I just had to get out of there...
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 10-28-2011 at 09:40 AM.

In Remebrance

Had a similar experience at a Krag collectors forum Pat, and at a small engine repair site and at a saddle site and a lot of other sites. On most sites if you aren't a "regular" you're dog meat. That's pretty darn sad IMO.

Banned

It is sad Bret because it's all about learning. The internet... in my view anyway.

The know it all guys, knowing at all costs, like the gentleman at the root subject of the thread here leave themselves no where to go. Spends his whole life- 40 years not learning much of a damn thing because he's already an expert.

That's got to be an uncomfortable position to be in.

Banned

I left that forum with this note below and have not been back. Just don't have the time or energy to deal with "Experts". It may or may not be relevant to the subject of this thread:

"There it is. I came here to share my experiences, and to see if I could perfect my DC Systems, with something better as well.

Instead of saying, "you can't possibly be doing that", why not say, "If he is, how is he doing it? How is that possible?"

Instead of saying, "What you're doing is wrong! Based on all of my knowledge", why not say, "well if he did that- how is it that his results turned out differently?"

Keep an open mind guys, and learn. That's what I do and it's served me well all of my life."

Boolit Grand Master

That was great! I especially liked when he was bragging about hand lapping his barrels! I wonder how many folks didn't have the heart to tell him how he was hour-glassing his pipe. Also, he said he "broke it in with 500 jacketed bullets", I wonder if he knows that any copper fowling left in the barrel will give lead something to stick to?
    That guy understands nothing. He compensates for his lack of knowledge by adhering to a process come hell or high water. If the slightest detail gets changed, he is lost as a ball in high weeds.
    The sad thing is, I have to work with guys like this and they are all very insecure and hate "know-it-alls" like me who try to help.
    It was a fun read though. I have never seen anybody ignore so much good advice simply because they want to discredit a company. I wonder if he knows his idiocy has made him regionally famous?
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin View Post
    I left that forum with this note below and have not been back. Just don't have the time or energy to deal with "Experts".
    I've seen a similar situation on a Vincent motorcycle owner's board. The veteran lads over there just did not have any tolerance for a newly joined yank that posted pictures of a bolt-on hub modification he had fabricated that made the wheel more reliable & easier to work on. All the old time members there seemed to want to do was tell the innovator how stupid he was. I know the individual in question personally. He's a former manufacturing engineer from Curtis Aviation that has been running his own CNC shop for many years now. I've seen him do some pretty sharp stuff over the years. The particular lads on that board just had no appetite for dissenting opinions or new concepts.

This seems to be a fairly universal issue that pops up in many corners of the web.
    “an armed society is a polite society.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
    Publius Tacitus

Love Life
    Welcome Jeff and hang around for awhile.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    That was great! I especially liked when he was bragging about hand lapping his barrels! I wonder how many folks didn't have the heart to tell him how he was hour-glassing his pipe. Also, he said he "broke it in with 500 jacketed bullets", I wonder if he knows that any copper fowling left in the barrel will give lead something to stick to?
    That guy understands nothing. He compensates for his lack of knowledge by adhering to a process come hell or high water. If the slightest detail gets changed, he is lost as a ball in high weeds.
    The sad thing is, I have to work with guys like this and they are all very insecure and hate "know-it-alls" like me who try to help.
    It was a fun read though. I have never seen anybody ignore so much good advice simply because they want to discredit a company. I wonder if he knows his idiocy has made him regionally famous?
    You could cast that net a little further, there are regular posters on here from Europe, South America, Austraila and New Zeland.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

George Orwell

Thomas Payne

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JIMinPHX View Post
    I've seen a similar situation on a Vincent motorcycle owner's board. The veteran lads over there just did not have any tolerance for a newly joined yank that posted pictures of a bolt-on hub modification he had fabricated that made the wheel more reliable & easier to work on. All the old time members there seemed to want to do was tell the innovator how stupid he was. I know the individual in question personally. He's a former manufacturing engineer from Curtis Aviation that has been running his own CNC shop for many years now. I've seen him do some pretty sharp stuff over the years. The particular lads on that board just had no appetite for dissenting opinions or new concepts.

This seems to be a fairly universal issue that pops up in many corners of the web.
    Wow, unfortunate but if the site in question is loaded with serious restoration nuts it's not unheard of. ANY change from origional is to them scraligious(sp), and the offending party excommunicated soonest.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

George Orwell

Thomas Payne

Boolit Grand Master

Unbelievable... After 3 weeks, the guy got the thread unlocked, posted another attack on MBC and got it locked again.

Curiously missing from this post were the BHN numbers from his "neighbor, related to my tenant, who goes to my church" expert with the new machine that measures hardness of anything.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Unbelievable... After 3 weeks, the guy got the thread unlocked, posted another attack on MBC and got it locked again.

Curiously missing from this post were the BHN numbers from his "neighbor, related to my tenant, who goes to my church" expert with the new machine that measures hardness of anything.
    Thanks for starting untrue rumors.

The OP posted ANOTHER thread which was later merged by ANOTHER staffmember. It was never unlocked. I have contacted the owner of Missouri Bullets to allow that party to offer a rebuttal. It will remained locked.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    Thanks for starting untrue rumors.

The OP posted ANOTHER thread which was later merged by ANOTHER staffmember. It was never unlocked. I have contacted the owner of Missouri Bullets to allow that party to offer a rebuttal. It will remained locked.
    All I see in the thread is a new post by LeadHead and a lock. Perhaps when staff merges BS attack posts into locked threads, they should add a comment that says that is what they have done.

I humbly apologize for any pain this misunderstanding has caused you.

Boolit Master
    I clicked the link, but couldn't get past the first page. I know I'm an awful person for saying, but I just really don't care anymore about the ignorance and stupidity of people like that. The way I figure, their knowitall BS is easily spotted and I can stay away from them.

I hear it at the range from time to time, anything over a thousand FPS and you'll get leading... Okay sure......goodbye.