Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: LeMat and Sharps

LeMat and Sharps

I finally took the plunge on a LeMat, unfired but it's part of an estate and they didn't have the box or owners book.

Any Idea where to find one?

I also bought a Sharps that looks like it takes paper cartridges. Should that go here or in BP cartridge forum?

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I've always had a hankering for a Lematt. One of these days, when I win the lottery, after I buy a ticket. Didn't Navy Arms produce those? I would check with the maker, or maybe Dixie Gun Works may have the manual in all of the other literature they sell.
    I think I would try the BPCR section with the Sharps, as they did use a paper cartridge.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Thanks Ric.
    Yeah, it was pricy but I've always wanted one. The Virginia Historical Society in Richmond has about a dozen originals. When I was building the Manufactory of Arms rifle, the curator would take me down to the vault to take measurements.

He'd also let me look at the Lemats. They are just amazing pieces of engineering and art.