Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: .22 lr bpcr !!

Boolit Master
    Tried to get ahold of David Mos and he hasnt answered my e-mail to his yahoo adress..also his phone listed above has no voice mail. Maybe Ill have to go with the Lyman for now.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    David has a new shop number ... 479 ... 234 ... 7827
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    Thanks...all is not lost ..got response from earlier e-mail. Will try and get ahold of him again.
    Wonder which mold shoots better so far...Mos or Lyman?? any others worth a try.

218bee,
    The Lyman 225438 can be made to work but there are a couple of issues with it:
    heel diameter - .213-.214 which is oversize for the cases.
    oal - when seated - 1.06" OAL which is too long to reliably feed in most rifles

Cases can be flared enough to use the oversized heel but the Mos mold has the correct size heel.
    oal - Mos bullet (KT22LR) is 1.00" and feeds fine in the rifles I have tried it in.

w30wcf
    aka w44wcf
    aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
    aka John Kort
    NRA Life Member
    .22 W.C.F., .30 W.C.F., .44 W.C.F. Cartridge Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
    After todays BPCR shoot at Pala we set up the chronograph to see how fast my BP rounds are going out of my 39a. I shot 5 fouling shots at the pig silhouette sighter, then 5 shots through the chrono. The 5 shots confirmed the post above and averaged 1, 069 fps (and of course all 10 shots dead centered the pigs impressing everyone in attendance with the accuracy of these rounds) ...
    Baja_Traveler,
    Very interesting that the load of 4.5 grs Swiss 4F clocked within 1 f.p.s. from both of our rifles!
    Yours - 1,069 f.p.s. / mine - 1,070 f.p.s.

GREAT shooting on the silhouettes! Glad to hear that you have other folks interested!

w30wcf
    aka w44wcf
    aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
    aka John Kort
    NRA Life Member

I use the 225438 Lyman mould and I'm getting along with it fine with great accuracy, better in the .22 lowall then in the 52 win or the 39 marlin but the accuracy is as good or better then the high end match ammo.
    The heal is a little large but it is a benefit. I just bell the case mouth and when I run it in the seating die it closes the case mouth tight on the heal with out a roll crimp like the factory loads have and I cant pull the bullet out with my fingers.

That little round is a little rough to handle while loading it but the results are worth the effort.
    The groups shot on the target below was using the .22 Low wall at 50 yards using a Leupold 6.5X20 scope for load development.

Lead pot, that is one nice group with those Lyman's. Due congratulations goes though to the trigger man!
    PS: Are you sure you have enough cast bullets? The stacked trays in the background look as high as Mt Everest!
    Regards
    John

John.

All those bullets were in preparation for the Alliance and Quigley shoot this year and there are just a few left to keep me from going Daffie this winter.

Boolit Master
    Lead Pot ...what sizer you using??

218, It's home made .225 with a seating and powder compression stem.

I use a .243 sizing die with the depriming stem to flair the case mouth and a .222 depriming stem to compress the powder and that die I seat the bullet and close the flair and size the case mouth and bullet to .225.

lead pot...i missed seeing that you store your boolits IN the lube cake...very cool and i still didnt get this till i read the other post concerning storing lubed boolits...congrats on a very cool idea. do you lube em in the container we see them in?

srry to deviate from the subject.

Ted I pan lube them in small meat or bread loaf pans I get at Farm&Fleet. They hold 50 in a cake and 200 in the sealed container from Wal-Mart.
    Yes it takes a lot of lube but I make my own lube and I need to store it anyway so it might just as well hold the bullets too.

Boolit Master
    Kurt,

Who's & What shellholder is that?

Jon
    Col 2:13-17

Boolit Master
    Wow, I didn't know you could reload .22 rounds. Now that's impressive.

Bullet Caster
    Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me."

Jon.

John at CH-4-D will make you one. He might even make you a complete set of dies or he might even have a set. They used to make dies for reloading .22 rim fire.

Lead Pot,

Outstanding group with the 225438!
    What brand of 4F are you using?

I did get the chance recentlky to try the David Mos KT22LR bullet at 100 yards from my 39A Marlin.. I was pretty pleased with the results since the rifle deosn't do quite as well with smokeless ammo at that distance.

Looking forward to the 2012 Cowboy Silhouette season......

w30wcf
    aka w44wcf
    aka John Kort
    NRA Life Member

Kurt - John, you fellas with them scopes are 'killing me' with those excellent groups. Just might have to put one on the Henry rifle!
    Regards
    John

John.

I use 4F goex and mostly 3F KIK now it is working very good in the Win Low Wall.
    It is making some of the guys using the green tag and Eley ammo on our range starting to ask questions

J-B.

One has to improvise when the lamps start to dim on him.

Lead Pot,
    Thank you for the information. I bought some 3F KIK recently to try in the 44-40. I ran a pound of it over a 50 mesh screen that John Boy gave to me (Thank you again JB.) and 1 oz of powder went through which would be the equivalent to 4F. I'm going to give that a try in the 22.

Glad to hear that the boys using modern target ammo have taken notice!

w30wcf
    aka w44wcf
    aka John Kort
    NRA Life Member

In Remembrance
    When you get your rimfire BPCR ammo assembled, you need 13.8 pouinds of Sharps rifle to shoot it through.

http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/sche...ench-rest.html

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast