MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxWideners
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bull Plate: Substitute again

Boolit Buddy
    So he turns off his internet at home. Every library has computers he can use to fill orders. Looks to me like he has no use for making money. Unfortunate.

Boolit Man

Ok I luckily ordered 2 bottles of BullPlate a couple of months ago when I joined here and started casting after reading all the great reviews so I still have plenty for sprue lube but I'd love to make some Speed Green to try.

If 2 cycle oil is a substitute then which one is the question. I am no expert but I would have to think that it would be a 2 cycle oil that was designed for air cooled, hi output engines (Rotax). So that would be something with an API-TC rating. I would think that it would also be a true synthetic too but all of these type oils I have seen have been a purple color. BullPlate is a blue/green color and must of the 2 cycle oils I have seen that color are usually semi-synthetic or blend type oils.

What BullPlate is I have no idea but I do know it is great stuff.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by sig2009 View Post
    So he turns off his internet at home. Every library has computers he can use to fill orders. Looks to me like he has no use for making money. Unfortunate.
    When you are 40 or more miles from a library, it is rather inconvenient.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sig2009 View Post
    When you live a sustenance existance you dont always have the time to go to a library. Winter is harsh in Alaska and the bullshop family is preparing.

Andy

Boolit Grand Master

Was a time in my life I would have just about traded my soul to live as and where Dan and family does. But getting older can make reality sink in, I'm not ready to move into town next to a hospital but the rough & ready life looks more difficult/impractical each year.

More power to Dan & family, I hope all is well with them.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb3 View Post
    Ok I luckily ordered 2 bottles of BullPlate a couple of months ago when I joined here and started casting after reading all the great reviews so I still have plenty for sprue lube but I'd love to make some Speed Green to try.

If 2 cycle oil is a substitute then which one is the question. I am no expert but I would have to think that it would be a 2 cycle oil that was designed for air cooled, hi output engines (Rotax). So that would be something with an API-TC rating. I would think that it would also be a true synthetic too but all of these type oils I have seen have been a purple color. BullPlate is a blue/green color and must of the 2 cycle oils I have seen that color are usually semi-synthetic or blend type oils.

What BullPlate is I have no idea but I do know it is great stuff.
    I just made up some bullet lube last night using "Amsoil Saber Professional" It is for small air cooled engines so it handles high heat. and its mixing ratio is 100:1 so it is concentrated. But it isn't Bullplate it is more blue, but when mixed with beeswax turns very green.

I might also look at "Amsoil Interceptor". It says "It contains the finest synthetic ester based oils" and I've read Bullshop mention "synthetic ester".

Could kick myself for not buying some bullplate and lotak. All I have is a little bottle of Bullplate from when I got a NOE mould.

Bardo

In Remembrance
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Buddy
    Folks,

I want to make speed green, I need bullplate or a viable, available substitute. and i need a sprue plate lube. So which is it? someone going to sell it? Or tell us where/what to get?
    or do we make a bunch of silly posts? I have not the time or extra cash to play with here.
    If i do get something that works i would use it, However If and or When Dan and Tina start up again out of loyalty I would buy from them. BUT they are not. So that said what do we use or buy? **** or get off the Pot folks...........................................

Boolit Grand Master

That post sounds very much like . . .

I want what I want and I am going to hold my breath and stomp my feet until I get it.

Silly posts, ***** or get off the pot. Indeed.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master
    Many here have stated what they use for sprue plate lube in place of Bullplate.
    As for making speed green, others have made it with 2-cycle oil in place of Bullplate.
    I suggest you look thru e recent threads regarding a Bullplate substitute- lots of info there regarding exactly what you asked for.
    As for ****ing or getting off the pot I don't think anyone here owes you anything. People are trying to see what is the best alternative. Rather than griping aout slow progress why don't you try a few alternatives yourself and let the others know how they worked.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post

I want what I want and I am going to hold my breath and stomp my feet until I get it.

Rick
    Some people need to learn how to appreciate things. A couple decades ago, when I started to shoot cast boolits only, I used a No. 2 pencil to "lube" my ferrous molds. Back then if I used a Lee mold under the conditions I currently cast, that cheep aluminum sucker would have been seriously galled and probably not worth a darn within one casting session. To those of you without the patience to let us work things out like adults... well you can stick a swab where the sun doesn't shine and lube your molds with that.

MJ

Boolit Mold
    i use Bel-Ray MC-1 synthetic raceing lubricant works for me
    green in color.
    just my 2c
    justcharlie

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post

Rick
    Was kinda rude, wasn't it?
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by indymadcaster View Post
    **** or get off the Pot folks...........................................
    Okay, I got off. Look at Post #87.
    Are you happy, yet?

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you, So they ARE accepting orders! will get it in the mail to them on friday!
    Problem is too many say they were NOT taking orders I enjoy a discussion too.
    maybe it sounded like a rant it was not. I look to members here to help each other.
    if a few have a product to sell ok.

Boolit Buddy
    I just looked at Bullshop "View Public Profile" and it said "Last Activity: Yesterday 01:42 AM". So maybe he is back.

Bardo

Boolit Grand Master
    I seems that they MAY be taking orders. Nobody can say for certain. Some have had their money returned to them. All we can do is wait and watch.

It isn't so much that it sounded like a rant, it was the insinuation that people have a knowledge of what BP is and are holding out.

We ARE trying to help each other out with this. Research and development take time. I wonder how many different things Dan tried before he discovered BP? Bet it wasn't an overnite thing.

let us keep the discussion civil please

Thank you, So they ARE accepting orders! will get it in the mail to them on friday!
    Problem is too many say they were NOT taking orders I enjoy a discussion too.
    maybe it sounded like a rant it was not. I look to members here to help each other.
    if a few have a product to sell ok.
    Errr, When somebody gets this down, straight, right, and sure - PLEASE let the rest of us know!!
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Banned

Folks,

I want to make speed green, I need bullplate or a viable, available substitute. and i need a sprue plate lube. So which is it? someone going to sell it? Or tell us where/what to get?
    or do we make a bunch of silly posts? I have not the time or extra cash to play with here.
    If i do get something that works i would use it, However If and or When Dan and Tina start up again out of loyalty I would buy from them. BUT they are not. So that said what do we use or buy? **** or get off the Pot folks...........................................
    That just rubs me very, very wrong. I have a tip for you, that will get you what you want much faster than your entitlement mentality will: Go visit some establishments that sell products such as you've been recommended, buy a variety of things that you think or we think might work, and set about testing them. This is neither expensive, nor all that time consuming if you have a specific goal in mind and a knack for developing effective and efficient testing methods. As for your boolit lube, several have shared their experiences already with certain lubes and beeswax, perhaps you should go spend $2 on a bottle of premix and make something akin to Speed Green, and go actually SHOOT IT and see if it meets your expectations. That's how this was discovered in the first place, in fact how MANY things taken for granted here came about: Somebody had an idea and followed through with experiments to test it. I already have borrowed a proven lube formula from a very kind gentleman who shared his formula freely some years ago. I've sought and found several good products that function well as sprue plate lubricants at my house, try some of them and see. If you really want to know what's in Bullplate, I'll give you a teaspoon of it and you can have it analyzed, but you still won't be happy with that because you'll have to have a pretty decent background in industrial chemistry to translate the analysis into "a" product you can go buy.

Gear

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast