Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: U.P. North Swage and Reloading Press (with adapter kit for CH-4D Dies with auto eject

Boolit Man
    The issue for me is that I ordered based on the stated lead time of 1-1.5 months. I was out of the country on vacation for a few months when I ordered and figured even if it takes 3-4 months that it would be no problem. But to wait a for a year is too much. If he quoted a year and I ordered knowing how long it would take then no problem.

The real question is, how difficult is it to make a swage press? I mean he comes on here and sends PM's saying he is back in the shop and getting things going. Well, making a swage press is pretty simple so if that were the case then he should be sending presses out. He origianlly told me that he does them in batches of 6 so the press that he did send out that was confirmed on this thread should have gone out with 5 other presses. Yet the other guys who I know of that have been waiting for 2 years have not seen their presses.

The other issue that has hurt Tim is that the one guy who came on here and did the most bashing in the first go around is the guy that received his press. You see how that could reinforce bad behavior? Everyone else wants their press so they figure hey since that seems to be the only way to get it done then thats what they are going to do.

As far as filing a formal complaint, I don't believe I have ever filed a formal complaint for anything in my entire life. But then again, I have never had to. That looks like it is going to change come Oct 22nd.

Boolit Bub
    Tim I can't hold my tongue any more.
    It has been 15 months now for a job that you said would take 1 1/2 - 2 months.
    You are refusing to reply to my numerous emails. If you are sick again I'm sorry and I feel for you and your family. But all you had to do is reply to my emails. You could of even got a family member to do it, I would have understood. But with no replys I feel you are just trying to forget about this. Please at least send me back my H dies I sent you. I also give you till Oct 22nd to settle this matter, as after that date we will be contacting the authority's. This is something I do NOT want to do, But you are not giving me any other options.

I also will let this go if you are sick, and you post it the open forum. But I still want my dies back.
    Im sorry it has come to this.
    Rob
    Last edited by Rumrunner64; 09-30-2014 at 11:51 PM.

Excellent news...I have just recieved my full refund from Tim..I knew he was a good man and he did the right thing..Good luck all

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Theditchman View Post
    Excellent news...I have just recieved my full refund from Tim..I knew he was a good man and he did the right thing..Good luck all
    This is great news. Tim has contacted me and he appears to be working hard to make things happen.

Boolit Buddy

If you get the chance to get the press instead. Jump on it. Mine is perfect.

Bill
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

Boolit Master

I received a .243 jacket trim die from Tim today. Ordered last summer. Thanks Tim, hope you are getting better.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Buddy
    Winter is not letting up here in the U.P.. Another 12 to 18 inches today through tomorrow.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141117_140747.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	122074

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by u.p. north View Post
    Winter is not letting up here in the U.P.. Another 12 to 18 inches today through tomorrow.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141117_140747.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	122074
    Time for a new fly trap.

Boolit Buddy
    The flies are in a deep sleep now. We had a high of 13 degrees today with a minus 10 windshield. . U.P. North

Boolit Buddy

Now, this year, put an efficient heater out in the shop. Don't risk getting sick again. Man I love your----(I mean MY) press.

Bill
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

Boolit Buddy
    Stay well,Tim

hardcase54

Boolit Buddy
    Well the forecast is for up to another 12" of snow thru Thursday afternoon. It seems if I have been plowing snow for a month already. This could be a typical 300" year, I hope not. Time to get to work finishing a set of 30 cal swage dies.... U.P. North

Boolit Buddy

22 cal swage die package $1075.00

Offering 22 cal swage die package $1075.00

I am offering 22 cal swage die packages. The package will consist of the following. These are designed for use with the lee classic cast press.
    Adjustable core mold you supply the block handles
    Trim die
    Derimming die
    Auto Ejector
    Lee Classic cast ram adapter
    Core swage die
    Core seat die
    Point form die
    I will run this special until the end of the second week in April. The people that already ordered these I will honor the price change.
    The price will be $1075.00 till midnight on March 29th , also a deluxe package that includes the above and the Lee Classic Cast Press and 20#Lee melting pot both are brand new from Lee. I reserve the right to stop selling at this price at any time and for any reason. This is more than a 25% savings and will only be honored in this offer. I obtain the right also to refuse this offer to anyone for any reason if I decide to. Please private message me your interest or ask questions in the vendor sponsor section. Thank You U.P. North
    This is the link http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...60#post3194760,

While waiting for materials and dies to come back from heat treat figured I would make up some 22 cal die sets. I needed to play with different weights in my ar starting from 57 up to possibly around 70 grains. Got excellent groups at 100 yards with 62 grainers 2 touching and the other three within 3/4" of them. Shot out of a rest trying to see the full potential. Well let's hear your input. These were made on a classic cast press from 22lr jackets and pure lead,seated and then point formed and also used my auto eject system and adjustable core mold. Thanks U.P. North

Tim ,
    if you are doing all that work in the shop , dont you think its time to run my swage die? Lets get it done so we can both move on,,
    dean
    lover of 74 sharps
    MYWEIGH scale merchant
    " i'll tell the story 10 different ways before I'll lie to you."

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by powderburnerr View Post
    Tim ,
    if you are doing all that work in the shop , dont you think its time to run my swage die? Lets get it done so we can both move on,,
    dean
    That is correct Dean as I wrote I have a few things I need to finish up. I know you will find that the wait was worth it. I told you of my new lapping and polishing process I found and it worked out very well and I wanted to test doing it that way on my set of dies. I would like to thank all that have had patience with me and the few waiting for products will have their things before I start any new orders. I purchased a new machining center and it will speed things up a lot. I need to have work for it to pay for it so I decided it was time to start lining work up to do on it. Thank You all for your support and patronage and I look forward to serving you all faster with quicker shipping times and also the same quality or better that we all strive. Thank You U.P. North
    Last edited by u.p. north; 03-28-2015 at 04:36 PM.

Boolit Bub
    hmm

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567