MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: U.P. North Swage and Reloading Press (with adapter kit for CH-4D Dies with auto eject

Boolit Bub
    U.P. North,

Are you still making these?

I`d like to pick one up.

Boolit Bub
    Tim you still alive?
    Has anyone heard him?
    Ive been trying to get ahold of him for three weeks now.
    Last edited by Rumrunner64; 01-27-2014 at 02:07 AM.

Boolit Bub
    Does any one live by Tim? He seems to be missing in action.
    Thanks Rob

Boolit Man
    Hmm, I have been lurking on this site for a while and I hate for this to be my first post. I am a little worried myself is I have ordered some stuff from him as well. I emailed him a few weeks ago about one of the items and no response. I see that in the past he has gone for long stretches without posting on the forum so who knows.

Boolit Bub
    But he normally reply to his email within a day or two.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Rumrunner64 View Post
    But he normally reply to his email within a day or two.
    It is a very,very cold time in the U.P. I'm going to give him a few days at least. I'm waiting on a press for a while now.

Bill
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

Boolit Bub
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by R.Ph. 380 View Post
    It is a very,very cold time in the U.P. I'm going to give him a few days at least. I'm waiting on a press for a while now.

Bill

Boolit Buddy
    Hello everyone,

Yes I am still alive, barely. Have had some health issues and hope to be up on my feet again soon. I would like to thank everyone for their patience. The very cold weather is making it hard for me to even be in my shop.
    Thank You,
    Tim aka U.P. North

Boolit Man
    I paid him to make a nose die for me and he made the wrong nose die. I offered to pay half for him to make the correct one even though it wasn't my fault. I sent back the original nose die and it has been almost 2 years. I contacted him just after Christmas and asked him to please return the original die and I was going to have Corbin make the correct die and that waiting two years was unacceptable. I am still waiting for him to ship back that die and it's been a month. I supported him when he started out by purchasing a press from him. He made me a core die for a 45 caliber paper patched bullet. I wanted a nose die for a hunting bullet and one for target. He did a pretty good job on the hunting bullet but made the wrong nose on the target. He told me I would have a year ago. So I gave up on him when it turned into two years. The way it looks I may not see the die I paid him for. By the way, all of those pictures you see posted, I sent to him to help him out.
    Alan from Wisconsin.

Boolit Bub
    Tim are you going to return your emails or phone messages?

UP North (Tim) has about $500 deposit from me for a new press...I have spoken to tim a cpl times on the phone and he always seems like a stand up guy to me...so...If you need my money for propane or food or medicine to keep you alive then good luck to you buddy and don't worry about me...God bless you and take care of yourself...I can always get more money (I hope)

Boolit Man
    Ok, so let's all send Tim $500.00 because he may be having a hard time. The reason I started doing business with him is because I realize how times can be tough in some parts especially Upper Michigan. I contracted with him for a press and a .45 caliber core die and two nose dies for the 45 caliber. In the meantime I had him make me a core mold for the 45caliber bullets. I paid him. He is holding a die I returned to him because it wasn't right. All I am requesting is that he return that die to me. I paid for it, it is finished, he has it and is not sending it back. I am sorry Tim that you could not complete my order in two years. But I just got tied of waiting. Corbin gave me a delivery date of sometime in March. So that order is a new core die, a nose die and two base punches. All you had to make for me is a new nose die. Two years?

Alan

This seems to be a real problem around here. Paying people big deposits, and then not getting what you paid for. We have two ongoing threads about this right now and it's pretty ridiculous. That other guy at H-G seems to be a deadbeat, this Up North guy seems to have health problems; who knows. And don't forget about that Colt guy (Mr. spiderbite). It seems to me that if someone wants to honestly sell dies and tools to the public, they should not be asking for a huge deposit up front. If the person placing the order changes his mind, that's part of doing business. You just sell the item to someone else. It's not like there's a lack of demand for this stuff. Personally I'd never pay anything up front, especially big bucks in the hundreds of dollars; and then wait a year or two or more for something. ANYTHING could happen to the person you're doing business with in that amount of time, and then you're ship out of luck. You're really taking a big risk in doing business that way, and I wouldn't do it. This is a lesson to anyone out there considering sending you're hard earned money to someone up front before he has even started making your tools, you're just gambling at that point. The person may start out to be as honest as the day is long but again, ANYTHING can happen in years amount of time. If people don't like what I have to say, then fine; send you're money and take your chances.
    Never in history has there been a situation so bad that the government couldn't make it worse.
    A foolish faith in authority is the enemy of the truth.

Boolit Buddy

Tim
    I've been trying to get my press I ordered for about 10 months now. I know, there are 5 or 6 guys I've heard from that have been on the hook for longer than that. To my way of thinking, the site shouldn't have a vendor sponsor in good standing who is this far into people's wallets (I estimate at about $5,000.00). I ask Tim at this time to please refund my $880.00 the way I sent it to him, as a Money Order so I can move on and get a needed piece of machinery, I ordered in good faith. In the 10 months since I ordered, I have had some health issues also, and believe me, that $880.00 would have come in very handy. Your impersonal note in your Vendor thread :

My response to you all waiting for product is you will all recieve your things once I am able to get in the shop. I am not going to write a lengthy apology or excuses. I have a medical issue and I think some people could show a little respect on that. I know I do when someone tells me they have a problem .
    Thank You,
    Tim ( U.P. North)
    is actually insulting to me as a fellow member here inferring that I have no feelings because someone else has a health issue.

Tim, since the press you are making for me is in essence complete and just needs at the most 1 or 2 week's work. (That's what you have been saying for the last few months) I bet a good heater, a warm shop, let the warm soak in and some hard work would be immensely therapeutic. Since you saw fit to not contact me by PM and tell me honestly what was going on and that I was just out of luck, I am very, very disappointed and my wife is furious. (this was to be her Birthday/anniversary present to me last June). She actually asked if we could press charges. I told her to wait your response here. So here goes. Can we expect the press in a short time, a refund in Postal Money Orders, or just some more excuses?

Now if the case is that you have to start over and start from scratch to build, then I need an honest estimate of actual time to produce or a rapid refund because I really, really need that (or another like it) press!
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

Boolit Bub
    Time to MAN UP Tim.
    Send out the presses you owe us or send the cash back.
    You quoted 1 1/2 to 2 months its been 8 months. You told me 1 1/2 months ago it would be done at the end of the week. It is hard time all over the place.
    Last edited by Rumrunner64; 02-08-2014 at 02:39 AM.

Boolit Man

Send my die back

Hi Tim,
    I am asking you one more time, Please send my die back. I paid you for it. It is finished and ready to ship. If you cannot afford to pay for shipping let me know the cost, or send it COD. I would appreciate getting it back. For those of you who do not know what happened with this die, Tim made the wrong nose die. The die that I received would not produce a good bullet. So I sent it back with the understanding he, (Tim) would manufacture the correct bullet nose die. I offered to pay half even though it was NOT my error. After waiting two years to receive the correct nose die, I requested that he (Tim) return the nose die that he made that was not what I order but was paid for. That was on December 26th. It is now February 9th and I have not received the die that was finished and paifor. If I do not hear from you, (Tim), I will write this off as a bad encounter and I will respectfully put on notice anyone else who is considering placing an order with you.

Respectfully,

Alan Scott
    Portage, WI

Boolit Buddy
    Alan,

Alan,
    As I have told you in private message I am intending on getting it back to you. I will get it shipped this week. I don't know what happened to the die after you picked it up as we made some projectile together with it. I did get you that new core swage die made as promised and just about had the new nose die completed when you decided to go with Corbin to make you a new one. You have changed your mind on size and and who was going to make it a couple of times, I guess I should be sorry for that. I have made three different sets of reamers to cut the nose shape not including the original. As I said though I will get your die out this week and will consider this matter over with...... Sincerely, Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Alan in WI View Post
    Hi Tim,
    I am asking you one more time, Please send my die back. I paid you for it. It is finished and ready to ship. If you cannot afford to pay for shipping let me know the cost, or send it COD. I would appreciate getting it back. For those of you who do not know what happened with this die, Tim made the wrong nose die. The die that I received would not produce a good bullet. So I sent it back with the understanding he, (Tim) would manufacture the correct bullet nose die. I offered to pay half even though it was NOT my error. After waiting two years to receive the correct nose die, I requested that he (Tim) return the nose die that he made that was not what I order but was paid for. That was on December 26th. It is now February 9th and I have not received the die that was finished and paifor. If I do not hear from you, (Tim), I will write this off as a bad encounter and I will respectfully put on notice anyone else who is considering placing an order with you.

Respectfully,

Alan Scott
    Portage, WI

Boolit Buddy
    I am starting to feel better and hope to be back at it in the coming few weeks. I would like to say thank you all for your patience and kindness it really means alot to me. We have a great forum here and would like to thank everyone who contributes and also a special thanks to all who make the site possible.... U.P. North

Also would like to say got a few things taken care of and shipped out. Also when I am ready to ship I either send a pm or email to let the customer know there product is on the way.
    Last edited by u.p. north; 02-15-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I am going to start offering products that are only in stock items. I am going to run batches of different items in the 6-12 each and offer them up for sale. Also I am going to be offering reamer blanks made from 01 tool steel for the home shop do it yourselfer that is planning on making there own swage dies. I can also make matching laps out of leaded steel to match the blanks with the ogive cut on them from the same program. I posted about this in the ogive cutting on a lathe thread. I am going to run a March special on items of 10% off on all items. This will be a first come first serve basis and will only be considered sold when the item has been paid for. I have been burned a couple of times in the last year on people saying this and doing different. U.P. North

Boolit Bub
    I sure hope you will ship out your back orders first.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast