Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRepackboxWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: U.P. North Swage and Reloading Press (with adapter kit for CH-4D Dies with auto eject

Boolit Buddy
    The back orders or current orders are top priority you can call it what you want. I am going to do this so as to speak so there are no more threads or posts started like this. You know a person can not help if they end up with a illness and you be up front with your customers about this as it is happening. I think some people could instead of posting on here instead send a private message. This way it could be resolved more quickly and with less hard feelings. So please if any of you have anything to say private message me or email me. Most have my phone number hell give me a call I am a personable person. Although we may end up talking on the phone for to long. Please just email or private message and it will be answered within a day or two.
    Sincerely,
    U.P. North

Quote Originally Posted by Rumrunner64 View Post
    I sure hope you will ship out your back orders first.
    Last edited by u.p. north; 03-02-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Had a really good week working on the current batch of presses. Everthing turned out perfectly and I am very happy for that. We are back in to a frigid cold snap that is supposed to go into next weekend. I think if everything goes as planned I will have them done by the end of next weeked. Been working hard on them and need to get them finished up to my likings before they can be shipped. Just have a few small details to do on the mill and then finally some lathe work which I enjoy the most. Then they will be done. The powdercoater screwed up again and I think I am no longer going to offer them being powdercoated. I only have one person to do it locally and he just don't want to do it the way I want it. Gets powdercoating in places it shouldn't be and it causes me to go in and cut it out. His attitude is use a razor knife and get it out and it won't take you that long. Well I can say it adds about an extra four hours to fitting and test assembly. When everything is already fit perfectly before he receives it...... U.P. North

Boolit Buddy

22 cal pinch trim dies

Besides working on or making presses I have been building up inventory on different things. These are 22 caliber pinch trim dies for trimming your 22 caliber jackets to length. These particulay ones work on 22 cal. l.r. jackets. I will keep track of my inventory and list it in my vendor sponsor page. Best thing to do when you have an interest in something is private message me.
    Thank You,
    Tim (U.P. North)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140423_134458.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	103022

Boolit Buddy
    Well just about got some core molds done, should have them finished by the weeks end. Then I have a couple of days to finish some trim dies up. Then will be working on some dies for a couple of you who have been waiting a while. I am waiting on material for some presses and once I get that in I will finish them up. I found the holes in the base plates were bored out of square so I decided instead of bushing them, instaed to just make new ones. Everything else came out perfectly on the presses and I don't expect any more delays. I am starting to get caught up and would like to thank everybody for their continued patience with me. I only make and ship products that are the best they can be and have only had one thing returned for rework and that ended up being because of a burr on the core mold adjusters. Again thank you all for your patience and you will be happy with your items once you receive them.
    Thank You,
    Tim (U.P. North)

Good for you Tim

Boolit Buddy

Nice to hear, have missed you lately. Looking forward to the trim dies and my new reamers. I really think they are the answer to what we've been talking on the 30 cal.

Bill
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

Boolit Man
    OK, two more months gone by. Anyone receive a press or a core mold or dies? I have heard nothing.

I heard from tim a cpl of weeks ago and he told me the presses are almost done....if that means anything...lol

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by RLW View Post
    OK, two more months gone by. Anyone receive a press or a core mold or dies? I have heard nothing.
    I am going to ask that all customers future and present please send me a message or email , or even give me a call if they have a concern about there order. It takes time from working on the shop floor to answer or reply, and if if i have to go into a full explanation to a customer i will do so over the phone or in a private message.
    To answer the question if anybody has received their products the answer is yes. I have a number of presses shipping in the next few days and a few other things. Also i have two dies sets that two very patient and understanding customers that have been waiting on for far to long will be next on the list. I have worked many months in a row without taking much time to myself or family trying to keep everybody happy. Thats all i ask on your part is to have patience as these things take time to make, and also are a high precision toleranced thing to make. I will not send out a product that is not going to make a in spec. piece out of it. So please everybody keep there patience and like I said message or email me before posting negatively about me here. Also from what I understand there is a wait from any of the other die makers.
    Thank You,
    Tim (U.P. North)

Boolit Master

We have here is, in my observation is misplaced aggression, Tim here is a one man shop and tries to offer a variety, or advertises a variety of not to common things known about outside the swaging circles. There are more people who have taken money and not produced anything but a lot of grief and are being sought after by sheriff and other law officials. He is one of 3 commercially advertised press makers. I took the design in aneat's thread and sent it to a machine shop for a proposal, he stopped at $1200 dollars and called and asked if he wanted me to have him continue with the estimate. It seems to be an unequal equation here, any one want to step up and give a review or observation or maybe a good word about Tim.

Please if any one is producing presses in the open market ( not the 6 or 7 that are producing them in there home shops) stand up RIGHT NOW and speak. If there is a bashing or a complaint I thought there were proper ways to handle them, not by spreading corrupt communication and slander toward any one.
    Buy a lathe, milling machine, and a welder and make a difference, do this in the way this country was founded, by hard work. We need more American competition, or better still let's just make a deal with China for second rate products, lead paint poisoning our children just like Mickey Mouse did.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by just bill View Post
    We have here is, in my observation is misplaced aggression, Tim here is a one man shop and tries to offer a variety, or advertises a variety of not to common things known about outside the swaging circles. There are more people who have taken money and not produced anything but a lot of grief and are being sought after by sheriff and other law officials. He is one of 3 commercially advertised press makers. I took the design in aneat's thread and sent it to a machine shop for a proposal, he stopped at $1200 dollars and called and asked if he wanted me to have him continue with the estimate. It seems to be an unequal equation here, any one want to step up and give a review or observation or maybe a good word about Tim.

Please if any one is producing presses in the open market ( not the 6 or 7 that are producing them in there home shops) stand up RIGHT NOW and speak. If there is a bashing or a complaint I thought there were proper ways to handle them, not by spreading corrupt communication and slander toward any one.
    Buy a lathe, milling machine, and a welder and make a difference, do this in the way this country was founded, by hard work. We need more American competition, or better still let's just make a deal with China for second rate products, lead paint poisoning our children just like Mickey Mouse did.

No aggression here. I sent him a PM a couple weeks ago and no response. Simply figured if he would not respond to a PM then maybe he would respond to a post on the thread. He says that he would prefer a private message but I sent him one weeks ago and no response.

I have been waiting for 9 months and there are a few here who have been waiting for well over a year. All of us foolishly either paid in full up front or put up solid deposits. Then after he disappears for months he comes back to life and starts selling new products and not sending out the presses everyone is waiting for. We take offense when that kind of time goes by and we do not get responses via his preferred method of communication.

Tim had a good review on a press some time ago, but you will not find one in the last 18 months because he has not sent any out. I really do not know what Tim's situation is. He seems like a nice enough guy, and I am willing to give anyone a break. But whatever your situation, communicating with your customers is priority number one or your going to have problems.
    Last edited by RLW; 07-18-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Boolit Buddy

I have gotten the rough and finish reamers along with 2 sets of laps for 30 cal. They are very, very nice and I will begin using them soon. Just been covered up. I have talked with Tim extensively and he is an honorable person who is working hard to finish the presses he has orders for. Give him just a little longer. No one has been waiting longer than I have and I'm satisfied that they are in process. I realize I was one of the first to cry "wolf" about 6 months ago, I was wrong.

Bill
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Buddy
    He has always been fair and honest with me.

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=u.p. north;2860446]I am going to ask that all customers future and present please send me a message or email , or even give me a call if they have a concern about there order. It takes time from working on the shop floor to answer or reply, and if if i have to go into a full explanation to a customer i will do so over the phone or in a private message.
    To answer the question if anybody has received their products the answer is yes. I have a number of presses shipping in the next few days and a few other things. Also i have two dies sets that two very patient and understanding customers that have been waiting on for far to long will be next on the list. I have worked many months in a row without taking much time to myself or family trying to keep everybody happy. Thats all i ask on your part is to have patience as these things take time to make, and also are a high precision toleranced thing to make. I will not send out a product that is not going to make a in spec. piece out of it. So please everybody keep there patience and like I said message or email me before posting negatively about me here. Also from what I understand there is a wait from any of the other die makers.
    Thank You,
    Tim (U.P. North)[/QUOTEl

PM's sent.
    Bill

Boolit Buddy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM5135.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	114205My press is absolutely exactly what I needed and wanted. It is a thing of beauty. Machining is extremely exact and works like a dream. Just waiting on my 45 dies from BT now and then the 30 cal dies.

Bill
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Sounds like Tim is up and running again. I hope so. I need another BIG press for "H" dies and I hope Tim can make one in a reasonable length of time. I PM ed him with the specifics and I hope he can do it. I go to the Wisconsin / UP line a couple times a year and could probably pick it up. Too bad he's not just in the UP, he's way up up up in the UP, near Copper Harbor.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Bub
    He is in spitting distant of the Wisconsin border in Iron Wood, MI.

Boolit Buddy

Man, Wish I could visit your part of the woods. 102 down here today and we're looking at another week of triple digits until even the chance of rain.
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Thanks Racenviper for setting me straight. I misread a post on the first page of this thread and thought he lived in Laurium. I deer hunt about 10 miles from the border near Conover, WI. Also spend a lot of time near Cable, WI. Both are only a little over an hour from Ironwood. I have a lot of "H" dies with 1-12 thread. Some of them are pistol dies and I really don't need the power of my hydraulic press to use them. Dave Corbin's CSP-2 Mega-Mite is $1300 now. I am hoping Tim's press will handle "H" dies. With the proper adapters I could use Walnut Hill and "S" dies too.

Bob
    Last edited by midnight; 08-26-2014 at 08:10 AM.
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Master

Any one heard for Tim lately?
    Bill

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast