Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Hey no 1

Boolit Master

Hey no 1

Based on your post in the "My Single Shots....." thread, I take it your are shooting cast in your 375 Winchester Ruger #3.

I haven't really done all that much experimenting with mine yet using cast. Any tips, pitfalls, experiences, or loads to share?
    Last edited by cabezaverde; 02-04-2007 at 09:17 PM.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Cast Boolits Owner

Of course, Cast your chamber and seat the bullets out as far as you can. I have tried the 37-250 and the 377449. Both shot so-so and that is because all I did was load up some mid-range loads when I got it so I could check it out but have not really had the chance to ring it out real good. I believe that a much heavier (read as longer) bullet would do that thing justice. I have so many things going on right now that I have not dropped the hammer on that thing in about 2 years. What I do remember is when you drop the hammer on that light rifle with a healthy load, it will sting a little. Not as much as the 45-70 in the #3's but more than the .44 in the #3's. I really enjoyed the 30-40 #3 with J bullets. It was a pure joy to shoot.

You might want to check with BruceB as I think he has/had one.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by cabezaverde View Post
    Based on your post in the "My Single Shots....." thread, I take it your are shooting cast in your 375 Winchester Ruger #3.

I haven't really done all that much experimenting with mine yet using cast. Any tips, pitfalls, experiences, or loads to share?
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Happy B-day, No_1!

Cast Boolits Owner

Thanks man! Another one down and too many to count left. Raise you glass with me.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Happy B-day, No_1!
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -