Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: What Gun Do You Regret Buying?

The Judge, I traded it for a GP100 and have no regrets.

In 1985 I bought a used Python. It is a very pretty gun but I never loved it, I cannot shoot it any better than the S&W M14-2 that I had bought the same year for less than half the price.

Worst is, I still have the Python and am waiting for a good opportunity to push it on my kids. If my youngest son joins the Navy this year, he will get that darn thing that he is lusting after ever since he could hold it.

He also wrenched my old bowling pin gun, a S&W M625-4, from me when he was 14.

No longer living in the High Country, Australia, a lowlander now.
    Like a lot of other members, never regretted any of my guns, some had problems but half the fun was fixing whatever ailed them, after all, they all had their own personality's.

Now the ones I sold or lost along life's journey......those I regret.

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too."

Boolit Mold
    Glock 27. A .40 subcompact sounded great for CCW but then I started shooting it. I worked with it for a few years but eventually sold it.

Ruger super redhawk 454 casull, the super redhawk doesn't have the same size grip
    as the regular redhawk, my 44 redhawk fits my hand nicely but the casull is small
    for my hand and especially in such a kicker.

The only gun I regretted buying was the day after my 21st birthday, back in the early 90's. I got a .40 Smith and Wesson Sigma. That ejected spent cases straight up and back. They would fall on your head, down your shirt, and finally one landed behind my shooting glasses and against my cheek where it left a burn and permanent scar. I sent it back to Smith, they assured me it was ok, and I sold it at a loss.
    Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing!

Boolit Grand Master

A Berretta Tomcat in 32 ACP, I can't say one good thing about it . Don't believe everything you read in gun magazines and ads. I made a huge mistake when I bought this one. HATED IT . Traded it in on a S&W 637 Airweight in 38 spcl.+P, much much better choice...still got it and LOVE IT .
    gary

Boolit Buddy

Mine was a remington xr-100 rifle in 204 ruger. Single shot, never shot worth a darn. Factory ammo or my reloads. Pour excuse for a rifle, no longer made, nothing remington can do they say. Far from a cheap mistake.

Boolit Master
    AMT 7" long slide. Took my pistol smith 3 months to get it working. On the tenth round, the barrel split. Had another barrel fitted and traded it for AR parts.
    How's that hope and change working for you?

Boolit Grand Master

NOT A ONE! They all taught me something. If nothing else what NOT to buy the next time.

Boolit Buddy
    i got a bolt action 32-20 that i really regret buying, i dont know why i bought it, but i did.
    i have had it for about 3 years, i have never shot it.
    hello.

Boolit Master

Kimber Ultra CDP. It had already been back to the factory for work on the external extractor once. ( receipt was in the box.) It had a nasty habit of ejecting at least one case out of each magazine directly at my forehead.

H&K USP "compact" - well made gun, but their definition of "compact" and mine are two different things.

Turned them into a stainless colt series 80 full size and an XD subcompact and haven't looked back.

Boolit Buddy

I bought a SIG mosquito that I never could get to work fight with either of the two springs they included . I sold it. The one that really irks me is a Tarus 380 that I bought for a carry gun to replace my Kel tec as the taurus has a nicer trigger pull. The Taurus has been back to them 3 times and has never gotten through a full magazine with out jamming, stovepiping or otherwise giving trouble. Several friends have shot it with the same result. I won't sell it in that condition as I'm afraid someone might try to use it in a defensive situation.

Boolit Master

A Colt 1991 model 45 ACP that i bought NIB (new in the box) in 1994. First trip to the range, the plunger tube and pin and springs all flew off within the first 50 rounds of Winchester White Box 230gr FMJ. I never got that pistol to fire better than 6" groups past 15 yards or shoot a complete 8 round factory mag without a FTF. Despite 2 lengthy trips to the factory for repair and replacement of the barrel (the Barrel link cracked a year after after the plunger tube came off), it became a safe queen until 1998, I sold it and 8 other rifles and pistols off to cover some bills when my wife got sick shortly after our first son was born and couldn't work for an extended period.

Regret selling the Colt and the rest of the collection...Nope. Glad I paid for the medical care, everyday I get to see the wife and kids

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Man

A 1976 Ruger M77 in .257 Roberts. Loved the cartridge, the bicentenial stamping, but the rifle would just not shoot. 3 to 5" groups at 100 yards with several handloads and factory loads. Swapped it for a new Rem 7600 in .35 Whelen which I love.

Springfield "Loaded" 1911. Grip was too deep front to back for a 1911, frame generally crude, serious miss feed and poor accuracy. No more of that ****.

Boolit Master

The wife or the .22?

Quote Originally Posted by gunfan View Post
    I bought a Davis .22 for my estranged wife. It was a *** from the get-go.

Scott
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Man
    I do regret owning a Winchester model 70 in .243WSSM, the rifle delivered mediocre accuracy and it was almost impossible to find ammo for. I was able to develop some decent antelope loads for it but i could never get the accuracy i had hoped for. As I mentioned I only regret owning it as I was able to sell it for more than i paid which helped finance a new pistol. So in reality I guess I shouldn't regret owning it. Its funny how your perspectives change when yo reflect on the big picture.

Boolit Buddy

So when one sells the "one I wish I hadn't bought" for whatever reason, is it "full disclosure" or caveat emptor?

I bought a Win 70 in .308Win and the seller told me "it don't shot worth a damn" and was priced accordingly. I dumped the Tupperware stock and put a decent synthetic stock on it, and it shoots like it should, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    A Dan Wesson also.
    I had the choice of a 4" 22 Colt Diamondback, or
    a 22 Dan Wesson with a 4" and 6" barrel.
    The Dan Wesson was pure junk.
    The threaded area for the barrel was bored
    and threaded off center. DW would not make it right.
    +1 for Dan Wesson. I bought a .357 Model 11 patrol revolver, the faces of the cylinder, front and rear, were not parallel and the chamber were rough, got a case stuck in the cylinder, couldn't push it out with a pencil, tapped the pencil with a rubber hammer and the cylinder retainer broke off the sideplate and the cylinder fell on the floor.

Sent the whole lot back to DW, they said they couldn't fix it but they would sell me a new sideplate for about what I'd paid for the gun. In white, more money to get the new sideplate blued to match.. Still have that thing in a box somewhere around here, never re-assembled it..