Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxTitan Reloading
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What Gun Do You Regret Buying?

What Gun Do You Regret Buying?

Is there one handgun or rifle that you just say to yourself 'why did I waste my money on this?' The manufacturers put on pretty good ads about their guns to intice you to buy but is there any one that you wish you had never bought?
    Steve
    The Navy SEALS removed one Muslim threat to America.
    It's up to the voters to remove another.

Boolit Master

I had buyers remorse after I got my Sig Mosquito and had tons of FTF and Jams with the recommended CCI mini mags. Then I found out by accident the pistol just loves Walmart bulk Federals and I haven't had a problem since. So now there's no regrets for anything in the safe...

Banned

Two, the Marlin in .44 mag and a Bisley that my hands can't take. Both are gone.

For me it was a lightweight 300WSM (I had a brief affliction with manumitus) The rifle shot well but it rattled my teeth every time I pulled the trigger. I sold it and backed off to a .308 and love it. I wanted a hunting rifle but I also enjoy shooting. I can burn .308's all day without getting a headache.

Boolit Grand Master
    just about the time I start to regret a bad choice I find a new niche for it so all is good in gunville
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master

Only gun I ever regretted was my first pistol. It was one of them Cheap German made 22 SSA's made back in the late 60s Early 70's I bought it when I was 18 at a hardware store which was a trip since in WI you had to be 21 to purchase or possess a pistol at the time. Thing was junk it wore out really fast and lost timing and was just terrible. I took it back and complained and I got my money back. I think the only reason I could was they realized they made a mistake selling it to me as I was not old enough.
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

Boolit Man
    44man.

What did you not like about the marlin 44mag? Was it a lever?

Matt Hooper

Boolit Master

#1) Winchester M-70 .375H&H

#2) Marlin .444

DAMN those things hurt.
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Boolit Buddy

Sig Mosquito .22. Crappy accuracy with all ammo, will not work with anything but very expensive CCI Mini-Mags, A very disappointing piece.

Boolit Master
    Glock model 22. Was able to sell it and the magazines for enough profit to get a S&W model 629
    Some where between here and there.....

Llama mini max double stack 45. That thing couldn't go through a mag w/o either FTF or FTE, I sent back for repair twice then traded it for about 1/3 what I paid. I was glad to be shed of it though.

Boolit Buddy
    My S&W model 41. During the two years I owned it it spent 20 months back at the factory so they could try several times to get it where it could go bang for an entire clip of ammo. They were never successful.

Big Dale

Dan Wesson 357 Magnum. Maybe my expectations were too high. I expected it to shoot more accurately than the Taurus 66 (6 inch) I had at the time, it didn't. The hype came from internet forums more than factory ads.

After buying a new barrel and even getting help from Dan Wesson support, sold it off. It wasn't junk, but it wasn't special either. It was OK at best.
    Rossi M92 Lever Action
    Taurus 669
    Kel-Tec P-3AT
    http://357shooter.blogspot.com/

K31 Swiss. I don't know what posessed me. Never shoot it and likely never will. Just seemed a good idea at the time.

Boolit Buddy
    The Great State,El Paso Tx. in the winter months, Michigan in the Summer Fishing for Salmon .
    I purchased a Kimber Tac Pro II (45 acp 4 " alum frame) What a mistake. Would not work right even after (break-in period, 500-600 rds.) Was so disappointed with it, hype on the net and manufactors hype. Did all the normal mods to it. (Used it for a hammer when finishing my dinning room walls)

It became a piece of worthless junk. During this time it was sent back to kimber 3 times for repairs. They claimed that it works fine with 230 grn RN only and suggested that I use them only for this gun.

What??? Could not believe they would say that. Well, after more more than 4 yrs of sitting in the safe, I replaced everything in that gun with Dan Wesson parts, Wolfe springs,etc.

Now the gun works. Would not trust it in a SD situation. It now is a range-only gun.
    What a waste of money.....

Boolit Bub
    Just one. A Dan Wesson .44 I bought on my 21st birthday. It was okay but I passed on a Smith .44 at the same price ($250.00) to buy it. The Smith was a bit blue worn, had these unique factory grips shaped like a coke bottle, and didn't even have "29" stamped in the crane. Its haunted me ever since.

Boolit Master

A Dan Wesson also.
    I had the choice of a 4" 22 Colt Diamondback, or
    a 22 Dan Wesson with a 4" and 6" barrel.
    The Dan Wesson was pure junk.
    The threaded area for the barrel was bored
    and threaded off center. DW would not make it right.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    Hi-point 45acp carbine. Peice of ****. Worse trigger pull ever, could not get it zeroed and lead like crazy with cast bullets. Plus with the spring loaded butplate it kick you in the mouth everytime you tried to aim fire the thing.

Boolit Master
    Dad talked me into getting Arminus 22RF/22mag DA over Ruger single six. 40 years later I traded it in on a nice SS used Ruger Single six. I did get $140 for the Arminis exactly what I payed for it new......
    Last edited by Shooter6br; 10-04-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

The only one I really regret was the first one. If I had never bought that Rem. 22 rifle, I would have gobs of money and lots of left over time.
    Now I'm spending all my time and money on guns and the related equipment, plus I'm running out of space. My truck has to stay in the drive, cause the garage is full of casting and loading gear and supplies. My pots and pans are contaminated with lead and various wax mixtures. My recliner is surrounded by gun magazines and manuals. My bed has not been slept in. My carpet is full of spent primers. My porch is caving in from all the lead and brass stored there. My neighbors are mad about the stinking smoke from melting wheel weights.
    I should have took up golf.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast