Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataWideners
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Repackbox

Thread: Pedersoli 1836 Flintlock Pistol

Pedersoli 1836 Flintlock Pistol

This pistol is far from new, but it is new to me. Its previous owner was an avid re-enactor but must have enjoyed hitting what he shot at because he dovetailed in a rear sight. Unfortunately, he also broke the mainspring and the ramrod. It came to me through his widow's sister who said she had found it a good home. I have the ramrod repaired and a couple of mainsprings on order. It's all polished up and ready to play again as soon as the springs arrive.

Anybody know what I've got? There were no papers, of course, and the closest appearing model still in Pedersoli's catalog is the Harper's Ferry .58 caliber. Why is it that women always throw away the documentation that goes with their husband's guns but will have the owner's manuals for every can opener and toaster they've ever owned? What would be a good starting load for this one?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flint full.jpg   Flint lock.jpg  
    rr2241tx
    Timin' has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

In Remembrance

I kinda doubt this gun was made by pedersoli. Maybe some of the other forum members have a similar one and know its history. It looks like the Japanise replicas there were offered in the mid-80s. The star on the lock plate may have something to do with a Texas anniversary, like the 150th of the Alamo (1836) or Texas independance. If you haven't found a mainspring yet, send the broken one to Dixie gunworks. They can often match it up with something they have.

If it is a Jap, look closely at the breeching. Some of these were not designed to shoot and have poorly welded breeches. From the looks of it your flint is a bit too long as it should not hold the frizzen open at half cock. Still, these guns can be fun if a bit of a frustrating introduction to the "flinchlock" world

Harpers ferry would fit as would the calber. It has a (common lock). Pedersoli should have all the parts. If it is a Jap knock off like Curator sez, I would hang it up for display . see what happens with about 30 grs. / 3F after has been closely inspected of course.
    "there is a limit to everything"
    Sigillum Militum Xpisti

Thanks. It is stamped Pedersoli on the breech and the box it came in is marked Armi Davide Pedersoli. Dixie is sending me a new mainspring. I had the gun inspected by a respected gunsmith in San Antonio over the weekend and he pronounced it good to go so I'm going to see if I can kill a 5 gallon shore can full of water as soon as I get it functioning.
    rr2241tx
    Timin' has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.