Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2

Thread: Interest in 310 tools and dies?

Interest in 310 tools and dies?

Guys, I have a friend that wants to sell a lot of different die sets and singles for 310 tools. Is there any interest here, or should he just put them on Evil-Bay? Ric

Boolit Master

Of course there is interest, depending on set and price.

Boolit Master
    whenever I stumble across reloading stuff I don't want I always post it here first.

Then, if no interest is shown, I don't feel bad about sending it to an auction site.

I am always interested in 310 tools -- Started with a 25/20 set in 1956 --

Boolit Master

I've been looking for a 310 set in .32 S&W Long for quite a while now. Still no luck.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Buddy
    I'd be interested if you could pm me.
    Juddy

Boolit Master

I too would be interested. Like Catshooter, I too have been trying to get a properly marked set of 32 S&W long dies. Also if there are truline jr boxed sets you should call that out, it will make a difference.

If you post them for sale here, make sure you describe them fully. The same goes for ebay, make sure you describe the boxes if they have them.

Jeremy

If you have a set in 303 British or 8x57 to offer it would give me an excellent rationalization for buying another military surplus rifle.

There are a couple of individual dies I would be interested in to supplement die sets I already own; most often handgun seat/crimp dies for seating and crimping in separate steps on the TruelineJr, sometimes a neck sizer to hone out a bit larger for less working of the brass during sizing. The 310 expander dies also make excellent substitutes for Lyman M dies in that they usually come with plugs in cast bullet friendly sizes.

-ktw

Perma-Banned
    45acp? particularly the sizer die.

These came out of an estate and have been sitting in an unheated shop for at least 10 years. At least here in the high desert, there isn't a lot of rust, but dust and dirt in the grease. There are no surviving boxes for collectors, just dried faded cardboard. Most of this stuff seems to have been new in the 1960's, sat on a shelf till the boxes fell apart, but never used. We are still sorting. Please be patient, as this stuff literally came in a wooden apple box with everything just dumped inside.

Boolit Master

Rick,

Those are the best finds. Who knows what treasures you will find in that box. let us know when you have a list.

Boolit Master

So what calibers do you have available?

KTW I would sure sure like to know how you got my picture I did not think anyone was watching? (your avatar) I have a set of 303 brit. dies for the 310, and am thinking it would be a good rifle to get for cast bullet pest control? Just what I need is an excuse.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by firefly1957 View Post
    I have a set of 303 brit. dies for the 310, and am thinking it would be a good rifle to get for cast bullet pest control? Just what I need is an excuse.
    I saw a Lee-Enfield No. 4 at a small gunshow a couple of weekends ago. It was tagged at $150. I had never paid much attention to them before, but on looking it over I came to the conclusion that it would be an interesting rifle to own. I didn't buy it. I bought the 03 Springfield laying next to it instead.

Ever since I've been thinking maybe I should have bought that No 4 as well. If an opportunity arises to help out RicinYakima with his excess 310 die set problem, it could be just enough to keep me from passing on the next Lee-Enfield that I run across.

-ktw

Boolit Grand Master

I'd be interested too.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master

I also have a Wilson full length size die so I can full length size if needed I have a set in 30-06 and 303 so I guess a 303 will be looked for hate to see the dies not used. In all seriousness I have had that tong tool twenty years and just used it to load 30 30-06 plinking loads for the first time because of a post here. It works very well though those short jacketed 100 gr plinker's loaded fast are a bit much for coons. Now if I can find a rifle in 303 and a mold for the bullet that would be great!
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!
    I'm looking for military calibers for my 310, so I'll be watching this post in the future.

Boolit Mold

310 Dies Set

Is this the type of 310 set that you are looking for?

Can anyone tell me how old this set is?