RotoMetals2Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: C. Sharps (the other white meat) long

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop View Post
    EDG
    I agree and always have. The 1885 Hiwall action is unquestionably potentually more accurate than an 1874 Sharps for several reasons.
    #1 lighter hammer
    #2 shorter hammer throw
    #3 faster lock time
    #4 straight line fireing pin
    and maybe other factors all add up to greater level of potential accuracy.
    I also enjoy and utalise the fact that the hiwall is a stronger action that handles modern smokless powder cartridges as well as black powder cartridges.
    It was the darling of custom smiths as a platform for varmint rifles before factory varmint rifles were readily available. To my eye those custom builds from the three or four decades post WW2 are most pleasent to look upon of all such purpose built rifles.
    Sorry but I cant just limit my gun nuttyness to any one type of powder. So burn me at the stake but when you pile up the fuel for my burning add a little smokeless to the black.
    BS

I cant say if it does make a difference or not. I have shot the center hammers over the years, Winchesters, Remingtons, Stevens, as well as the side hammers sharps and trapdoors.
    When the striker or center hammer hits with the fast lock time your still fighting the torque of the heavy bullet in the bore at the slow velocity it travels down the barrel the torque and recoil moves the barrel before the bullet clears the muzzle and it the shooter does not control the rifle all the light fall of the hammer and fast strike of the short throw of the hammer or striker in my opinion dont make much difference at black powder velocity's.
    Except maybe piece of mind to the shooter

Boolit Master
    Kurt pretty hits it on the head the torque and slow barrel Time of the bullet and the recoil are much more of a factor then the lock time. To each their own.

Don M, I used to have in my hands a C.Sharps-Shiloh in 1990 I took it to Big Timber, as I was going to buy it, but wanted to make sure it was a 40-70 BN or was it Dan P's 40-70 Govt.

I know what Mike V said about the garbage truck deal, But Wolf about threw me out of the shop and was one pissed off man, as this as he put it was one of the Out the back door guns. Ole Wolfgang was pretty damm clear on the subject. A lot of **** went out the back door, (in his own words) take it for what you will, Don it was pretty clear to me.

I had my own bad dealings with John S in 1993-4 and threaten to come up and get my money and Dave Tate's money back or have 2 1874 actions or know the reason why, after going from a 90 day wait to a tad or 18 months.

Now As I posted and some folks did not see it, I do own a C Sharps 1875 in 22 LR and its a fine rifle and its served me quite well ( me being one of those Dirty foul match Shooters) that EDG bad mouths me every chance he can get. Frankly I get real tired of him draging my name around in the ****e, to be real honest. So I have made a peace with John S. he treated me right on that rifle. I count but a few friends on this site you, Kurt, and Cajin, Rich, and a few others. I am tired tonight had my infusion 3 days early due to the Pharmacy folks not wanting to spend 20 mins mixing my Poison on Friday. So for my friends that i missed sorry.

I am pretty proud of my success, and that of the guy I have shot with for the last 17 years Jimbo Terry,in BPCR, it seems that rubs you the wrong way, so be it, I seldom post here anymore, yet I have shared a lot of things with my fellow shooters on this forum that I learned the hard way. I see you share your rancor with me thats about it.

And now Rick if this gets me tossed off the forum, pitty, As I am sick of this guys attacks on me.

Kenny Wasserburger- thats my real name and I live in Gillette Wyoming.
    Last edited by waksupi; 11-22-2012 at 01:17 AM. Reason: overboard

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Kenny you get rested up and take it easy this winter. We got a long busy season coming next year, and I'm looking forward to watching you,Jimbo, Bryan etal get down to business and shoot those x rings. And hopefully one of ya gets their name on the Lancaster trophy!
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456